cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error PL-0 on every device. Let's you watch and then it just gives you the error code

Is anyone else receiving error code PL-0?

It plays the ads and then the error code comes up, this is on multiple devices at ETC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

The latter part of my post makes zero sense .... "They always respond to me that it is the speed of my service which is a reasonable initial explanation but not when I have provided them the information and speeds that every other" ..... As I was a typing and editing it timed out and posted it!!  🙀😳

The irony!! #NowTV can take as long as possible to respond or help fix anything but we have a limit on how long to post a response.  I should not be surprised though I suppose.

Sorry my message was so long, I was simply going to explain about an issue I had in the last year that took them 6-months to basically do nothing about, do their status quo and offer you a month free of a service/package you do not use or want, rather than credit you for the time you've been unable to watch or a voucher for that time for the package/service in question.

I eventually accepted a voucher but insisted it was for the Entertainment package that I actually tried to use; with the promise they would escalate the issue and contact me with the resolution. Good job I did not hold my breath as I would make a terrible Smurf (blue is not my color lol)

It's been over 6 months and I've not heard anything I just have a whole new problem that they probably won't fix, so hopefully it resolves itself.  In the 6 months of trying to get help I had to keep messaging them my repeating the same information because I kept receiving the same rudimentary troubleshooting tips.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you for your comment and apologise for any part of mine that did not make sense .... I just finished an extra midnight shift working emergency weekend midnight shift ina ddition to my regular day job.  I cannot see straight and wanted to chill out and catch upk on some shows before I went to sleep but it was not meant to be so I responded to your message.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe and enjoy watching the shows.  My next course of action will be to ask you if you've watched the shows I want to but can't so you can tell me what happened next lol 😜🤣

If you want to know all about:

Sanex🧴Cornetto 🍦 My Urban Journal 📔 McDonald's 🍟 etc  drop me a note 😅😂🤣

Have a good rest of the weekend 

Kara

PS good luck deciphering my sleep deprived messages

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to unplug your router for a few minutes? 
Do you have a VPN applied?

Are you able to test it out using your phone as a hotspot?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 thanks for the response to my post.  I have been through all of the troubleshooting steps NowTV suggests in their help section and others I thought may yield some success; I have reset my router, changed the channel, checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled, attempted to use on my mobile device with data only and then with data and Wi-Fi backup, from an entirely separate hotspot provided by my internet provider, utilizing the application on my phone, the service via various web browsers.  In addition I have attempted this on LG Smart TV, and 2 other Smart TV models, NowTV box, PS4, Echo Show, FireStick, and more.

The most frustrating part is it will let me watch or more accurately force me to watch the multiple advertisements before the error is received which reads "Give it a moment or check 'NowTV.com/Status' for updates", along with "Error code: PL-0" shown in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen "Error code: PL-0".

It already frustrates me, that out of all of the paid subscriptions we have, and that I know are available, that this is the only one that makes you watch advertisements before viewing not unlike YouTube.  In all honesty I think of YouTubers less and shorter advertisements often very quickly with the option to skip an ad.  NowTV have longer advertisements, they are shown more frequently with multiple ones having to be viewed before the show will play.  In my case the current added frustration is that I have to watch 2 or sometimes 3 only to receive the message and error code I mentioned above.  I do appreciate that NowTV is not as costly as some of the services and but that is reflecting to me personally as more reasonable as in reality the amount of shows I'm interested in watching that I currently not available elsewhere all unfortunately happen to be on this service provider.  I have noticed that I in double the price of what I pay for the Entertainment package by purchasing the additional boost package.  

We were already having difficulties viewing shows due to the slow and  poor upload and download speed that are a regular occurrence causing buffering, timing out, and extremely poor quality viewing.  I assure you that it is not my service, which I've checked on all devices using speedtest.com will effectively and with excellent quality allow you to view content with absolutely no difficulty.  They always respond to me that it is the speed of my service which is a reasonable initial explanation but not when I have provided them the information and speeds that every other

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

The latter part of my post makes zero sense .... "They always respond to me that it is the speed of my service which is a reasonable initial explanation but not when I have provided them the information and speeds that every other" ..... As I was a typing and editing it timed out and posted it!!  🙀😳

The irony!! #NowTV can take as long as possible to respond or help fix anything but we have a limit on how long to post a response.  I should not be surprised though I suppose.

Sorry my message was so long, I was simply going to explain about an issue I had in the last year that took them 6-months to basically do nothing about, do their status quo and offer you a month free of a service/package you do not use or want, rather than credit you for the time you've been unable to watch or a voucher for that time for the package/service in question.

I eventually accepted a voucher but insisted it was for the Entertainment package that I actually tried to use; with the promise they would escalate the issue and contact me with the resolution. Good job I did not hold my breath as I would make a terrible Smurf (blue is not my color lol)

It's been over 6 months and I've not heard anything I just have a whole new problem that they probably won't fix, so hopefully it resolves itself.  In the 6 months of trying to get help I had to keep messaging them my repeating the same information because I kept receiving the same rudimentary troubleshooting tips.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you for your comment and apologise for any part of mine that did not make sense .... I just finished an extra midnight shift working emergency weekend midnight shift ina ddition to my regular day job.  I cannot see straight and wanted to chill out and catch upk on some shows before I went to sleep but it was not meant to be so I responded to your message.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe and enjoy watching the shows.  My next course of action will be to ask you if you've watched the shows I want to but can't so you can tell me what happened next lol 😜🤣

If you want to know all about:

Sanex🧴Cornetto 🍦 My Urban Journal 📔 McDonald's 🍟 etc  drop me a note 😅😂🤣

Have a good rest of the weekend 

Kara

PS good luck deciphering my sleep deprived messages

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
ouch that was a lot of reading! 😜

Although I could totally see where your coming from, it is insanely frustrating that sometimes NOW can often the the only application that just won’t play ball. Thankfully I’ve very rarely had any playback issues with NOW, when I have had issues it’s generally been a force close of the app on my TV that’s done the trick. 

Something that my gut tells me about NOW is they tend to use more bandwidth than most streaming services. Although again if you’ve got the minimum 12MB for Boost 1080p then you should be able to watch without any issues!

Its been another good thing for you to have tested out on multiple devices as well as different types of “internet” connections. One thing I’ve noticed since Sky got taken over by Comcast is generally they do resolve issues, and it is a hell a lot faster than what it was pre Comcast days. Although the issues they are having implementing 5.1 on Apple TV’s doesn’t give many users much hope. 

Something else to try, you could perhaps jump onto family/friends Wi-fi just to see what happens when it’s NOW. Bit of a long short but worth exhausting another option so you could also say you’ve tried this but no luck.

Either way, sounds like your having a “fun” time and you best take care. Good luck with getting it resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Sorry about my epic rant earlier.

I appreciate your messages.  I just received about 5 emails off my one request for "technical support" .... and I am truly using that term in the loosest possible way; I will explain why and apologise if that makes this another lengthy comment.

They (the alleged support) are convinced they have episodic auto play!  Please correct me if I'm wrong but the definition of auto play is quite easily explained, (given the clue is in the name) 'auto'matically, as in you do not have to do anything because it happens "auto-matically" (it's like someone just invented the wheel 🤣)

After back and forth about it on a very rare live chat, the representative kept repeating to me "yeah it's automatic, you just have to use the remote and select play next episode 🤦 using remote" ... that is completely the opposite of auto ...  that's manual ... she simply did not get it 🤦‍♀️.  I asked her to explain where I set up autoplay and she told me that was done automatically by them so all I had to do now with press the button and select next episode.  I think it was how proud she was of this amazing technology they had, as if she just been part of the team that had invented the first flying car lol ..... So I'm so sorry to ruin your hopes that things are improving.

Anyways the support email has given me the same advice that you gave me but less, and given I had said I had been to every single troubleshooting tip and then some they still felt the need to send them to me. They only do this because they don't have a clue.  They can't say it's my provider when every other service works flawlessly. Granted it sucks being in the land of cream phone booths, not that there are so many of those around these days; but nonetheless I'm on their ultrafast lightstream fibre optic broadband unlimited package with average download speed s of 900 Mbps, which all the other services are on but with NowTV I often get stuck in double digits which is extremely frustrating ... on the upside you can make a cup of coffee and run to the restroom in time for the buffering to end, at least for a short time.

You realise great that you and everyone else that's on here a lot and contributes as much as you do are, by definition, the customer service and their tech support.  

The Sky Group is really filling up their coffers; they are getting paid massive amounts, in part for us to pay to watch commercials, which they will be paid handsomely for.

I have converted everything into Gbp making the assumption you are in the UK too.

• NowTV alone, separate from the Sky Group, is generating a tidy little annual income of approximately £195.6 million a year.  Most of the figures are from around 2018 when Comecast outbid Fox and drive up the value of shares quite dramatically making the entire Skygroup worth £26 billion, which was prior to many of the current, newer services, and most certainly before the insignificant annual income of NowTV started to playing multiple advertisements, increased the prices and reduced the amount of offers and the frequency and length of the offers.

Given all of that and they won't even put out for a customer service phone number for any type of support or even man the live chat a little later or, at the very least, on the weekend; god forbid they what to do a 24/7 live chat out of the 26 + billion will be making now with all the commercials.

I literally did all the things that you suggested right down to using my data on my phone and then trying it over a friend's house and I when I was out at the end of my shift on the free Wi-Fi.  It's just started working again about 30 minutes ago it comes back for no reason the same way it goes out.

So in brief they don't have tech support they don't have a phone number and we pay to watch commercials and  they have this near community with it's built-in pay to work tech support, and one of the the tech expert paying for the pleasure to help others goes by the handle @gavs82008 

Btw I apologise I clicked on the wrong button earlier attempting to give you the credit for helping solve the issue, and in my own true classic clumsy way managed to click on my own name. Reality is a quit working and then decided to work again but hey-ho wanted to give you the credit, because you've read my ultra mega fuelled rants. So thank you. @karaMaeve .. I went to post this and it rejected post & deleted the link to the speeds I get. Guess they don't want the truth out there!! 🤥🤯

👎NowTV = 🐌 🐢🛑

👍Everyone else =💨🚄

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Haha so NOW staff are somehow claiming that we have auto play at the end of an episode?

This is something that we have been asking for literally years! 

In true ironic fashion Peacock (which is getting added to NOW at some point) does HAVE auto play. Making it nice and simple for binge watching TV shows. 
More annoyingly is Peacock has profiles and NOW doesn’t. 
Peacock has skip recap, NOW doesn’t. 

What makes more bafflingly frustrating is Peacock used the exact same technology as NOW and it’s a far better service for features than NOW. 

Both Peacock and NOW are literally owned by the same company in Comcast. Fair enough there has been improvements to NOW since the Comcast takeover which have been better. But the features I mentioned are in many cases deal breakers. 

One thing I have noticed is the “watch next episode” banner comes up a lot quicker now than it used to be. Often you had to wait almost 30 seconds into the credits, whereas now it’s maybe 5 seconds. 
Maybe they do plan on shoving in auto play and we just don’t know it 🤔😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m on bt and have just had the same problem,I’m not tech savvy but I logged on to my bt hub and looked at the devices connected to my router,saw my Samsung tv,it was showing not connected even though it was 🧐 I turned off a setting that said always use this IP address and the now tv app works again..  All the apps wouldn’t work and kept showing errors but this seemed to fix the problem for me.