cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pass not working

My account shows my entertainment pass is active but when I try watch it, it's says oops something went wrong and won't load the shows. I've tried to do it online and it then says I don't have a pass and to purchase one but I do and I've also tried to purchase one which then says I can't. This has been happening for a few weeks now 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback devices do you use when watching NowTV can you list them please?

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here can you see your Entertainment Pass or does it say something like Buy a Pass, Restart Pass or Start Free Trial ?

Also when you go to My Account > Bills & Payments does it show any recent and up & coming Entertainment payments ?

if Oops Message is showing on your playback devices such has a NowTV box / stick, Smart TV  etc etc it might be related to your internet connection / Router or the NowTV App itself on the devices rather than the Entertainment pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried it on my phone huawai mate Pro.. And my 2 now tv boxes. It says I have an active entertainment pass and kids pass.. The kids pass works. I paid yesterday says payment not due till 2nd May. It says I have active passes but then when I try watch it says I don't have the pass 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming both the Entertainment Pass and Kids Pass are on the same account ?

Where the Kids Pass is working on your two NowTV boxes & mobile phone.

Have you tried to go into the NowTV App on one of the boxes under the My Account section of the App and sign out of the box.

Then after you have signed out of the box, unplug the power to the box for a minute, then restart the box and sign back into the box by going to the My Account section on the box App and sign back in with the correct account details to see if that kicks back into life the Entertainment Pass.

If you said to me that both Kids Pass & Entertainment Pass wasn't working on both boxes with the Oops message on the TV screen in the home i would have said switch the power off to your Router for about 30 minutes.

You could try a factory reset on one of the boxes and set it up once again to see if that clears the error message and recognise your Entertainment pass.

Do you have the supplied remote controller that comes with the nowtv box and which version of the box do you own i.e. White Box, Black Box. Smart Freeview Box (blue nowtv logo on top casing) or the 4K Smart box (pink nowtv logo on box casing).

With the phone maybe delete the NowTV App and download a new App from the phone's App Store and try logging back into the App again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the black main box then a smaller black box. I have tried on my ojone on both the app and the Internet form. They are both on a bundle with my Internet yes. I'll try the log out and turning power off. How do I do a full reset on the box? Sorry I'm not very technically minded lol. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before factory resetting one of your boxes see if there is anything in this trouble shooting guide in the link below can help.

I would try step 1 first, then step 6, then finally step 2 should explain how to factory reset the different types of NowTV boxes.

Only attempt to factory reset one of the boxes just in case you encounter trouble especially if you are not technically minded.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did them steps the other day. It don't work on my phone either so I'm thinking more of a system error then to do with my box maybe? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try a full factory reset on one of the boxes ?

I would also try switching the power off to your Router for about half an hour to see if that makes any difference, though because you can watch the kids pass i doubt it will have any effect.

I have a few NowTV boxes dotted around my House and they are all running fine no problems whatsoever so i am not sure there is a general problem NowTV's end (unless it specific to your account).

I don't know what else to suggest sorry unless any other forum members can offer more ideas to try.