cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MajorChudley
Advocate

Downton Abbey - A New Era

I believe that Peacock is showing Downton Abbey A New era which is available on NOW TV but I can’t find it?

5 REPLIES 5
Martin_14
Expert

That's Peacock in the US not the UK , i suspect will be coming to Sky Cinema in the UK at some point this year.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MajorChudley 

The advertising for Peacock in the US is saying that it is available on NOW via Entertainment membership only.

As pointed out by @Martin_14 that content is only on the US version of Peacock. And like Netflix etc the content library will be vastly different. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@MajorChudley @gavs82008 

Just to clear up any confusion here; there is no NOW in the US, so anything that is said about NOW on the US Peacock site must be aimed at us in the UK and Eire.

And what it means is that anything Peacock do release over here (fx: damp squib going off, as it’s much much less than is available from Peacock in the US) will be found on Now Entertainment, even any movies they may release; and there will be no Peacock programming to be found on NOW Cinema.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Martin_14
Expert

Not sure that's correct Halloween Kills (also from Universal Pictures) was released on Peacock October last year and was released on Sky Cinema in the UK in May this year 

I fully expect this movie to appear on Sky Cinema.

RoyB
Legend

@Martin_14 

This movie is on Now Cinema right now, according to JustWatch, and I just confirmed that by playing the intro. So you are certainly correct there.

But does this mean that we have to make a further distinction here, between what’s on Peacock in the US, and what’s released by Peacock in the UK?

i.e. Peacock have the rights to show it in the US, but not anywhere else, so Sky having the UK rights is an entirely separate deal, not through Peacock?

This is just going to get more and more confusing 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.