cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney plus app

I can't find Disney plus app on my app store, anyone else having this problem?

12 REPLIES 12
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi 😀

Which device are you using? 

If you aren't using the old white box (as it isn't available for that box), try going to settings on the nowtv homescreen. Go to system ---> system update, to see if an update will force it into the app store.

It has been noted on the forum as well, that the app may be being released in batches to different types of devices so if it isn't available yet, it should be soon.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using a white box I think they are the old one's as Sky sports box
office doesn't work on them either. Thanks for the reply👍
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah sorry about that, I think it is due to the age of the box and technology limits.

Disney+ is on lots of other devices/newer nowtv models though if you see their help pages. ☺

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying it's not available on the 'old' white boxes (is there a link to clarification / confirmation of this please)? Does anyone know why? I've worked in IT for over 20 years and the 'new technology' bit doesn't really wash with me. Streaming content is streaming content, I can't imagine what Disney might have done that would mean it wouldn't work.

I've read that Disney+ is available on Roku LT boxes, which is exactly what the old white box is, mine is a 2400SK - Roku LT with software version 7.5.3.

The cynic in me thinks this might a be a ploy by Sky to get me to upgrade my box. I know they're pretty inexpensive but a cynical move all the same and something I'm going to have to do in order to keep the kids happy! If I'm upgrading can anyone recommend what's a good upgrade option?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Did you manage to get an answer about why Disney+ is not available on the older Roku boxes?

I have the same situation and can't help but feel it is sky just trying to get me to upgrade.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm afraid not. I bit the bullet and ordered a Roku box from Currys. £40. Happy kids!

Not sure it is Sky trying to get us to upgrade now as I've not bought a Sky box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have installed the app, but when I try and put my log in details in there is no @symbol. This is no good when putting in your email address, obviously. The keyboard is also partially off the screen.   Anybody else have this issue? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have down loaded the Disney Plus app to the Now TV box but it won't launch, anybody got any ideas.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a forced update on your NowTV box / stick by following these instructions below.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

There was an issue with the Disney + App, but reading the comments over on NowTV Twitter it seems to have been fixed (according to NowTV).