Not applicable

Discovery Channel

Is Discovery Channel leaving NowTV? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like reading the FAQ on this linked NOW article below, where under the FAQ "What do i get" The Discovery channel is no longer listed .

Plus the leaving dates for the Discovery on Demand stuff seems to be the 30th of June 😡.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like reading the FAQ on this linked NOW article below, where under the FAQ "What do i get" The Discovery channel is no longer listed .

Plus the leaving dates for the Discovery on Demand stuff seems to be the 30th of June 😡.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

RippedOff
Mentor

Yep FOX and Discovery both leaving, and an increase in price for HD too. At least there's the kids channels to cover up the lack of content!! 🙄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt replies 👍

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps @Anonymous User if memory serves me correctly this was announced or hinted at least year when Discovery launched their own service and announced that Sky customers get a years free access to the new Discovery+.

Now customers were not mentioned so it was concluded that the channel would leave the service.

Very annoying given I follow a number of shows on Discovery and really didn't want to spend more on another subscription. Looks like I'll be taking to the high seas again 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only got now tv to watch mainly discovery channel,  now its gone no point in me subscribing.   Bye bye folks.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you subscribed to NOW only for Discovery, you’ll be cheaper getting the full blown Discovery+ subscription. 

It costs £49.99 for the year or £4.99 for a month.

https://www.discoveryplus.co.uk/myaccount/products

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Saint1976 @RippedOff @schnapps 

Whilst I appreciate that is very annoying that we look to be losing Discovery channel, as you mentioned @Saint1976 it was half hinted as apart of the carrier deal this time last year that Sky would have Discovery+ for a year. 

My view is that there are a raft of other channels like TLC that we never had, so in a sense it does make sense for all content to be available only on Discovery+.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had my NowTV pack through BT and had Cinema, Sports, Entertainment and HD Boost... I've just spoken with them and they've agreed to cancel my whole NowTV contract with them... Apart from Football and F1, it was largely unwatched..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was not expecting this to happen at all. I expected Fox to be removed with it being no longer relevant in UK at all.