cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dexter season 1-8 expire next week season 9 Feb, why the gap?

So recently a friend recommended I try Dexter seeing as I never watched it before. I started to get into it but due to personal constraints I could not start trying to binge it until now.

Sad to see that Seasons 1-8 are due to expire next week! Does anyone know when they were put on NowTv this time round? Seems like there have been posts in the past about missing episodes or seasons dropping off early.

Would make more sense that it remained on until the newest season was due to expire. It would be really helpful to know if anyone has an idea when they added so I can work out if they add it back on for the same amount of time in the future how long I might have to watch it.

I can't really spend 10 hours a day for the next week trying to bring myself up to date 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Martin_14
Expert

S1-S8 likely will be on Paramount+ when it launches, certainly they are in Australia

Dexter:New Blood is a new series

Sky only have the rights to new seasons of their existing Showtime dramas from January e.g Billions , Yellowjackets , American Rust etc (if it's renewed)

All New ViacomCBS owned Showtime dramas will be premiering on Paramount+ from next year like The Man Who Fell to Earth, Ripley, Super Pumped, and American Gigolo

I expect sky existing Showtime dramas to turn up at Paramount+ at some point aswell.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin_14
Expert

S1-S8 likely will be on Paramount+ when it launches, certainly they are in Australia

Dexter:New Blood is a new series

Sky only have the rights to new seasons of their existing Showtime dramas from January e.g Billions , Yellowjackets , American Rust etc (if it's renewed)

All New ViacomCBS owned Showtime dramas will be premiering on Paramount+ from next year like The Man Who Fell to Earth, Ripley, Super Pumped, and American Gigolo

I expect sky existing Showtime dramas to turn up at Paramount+ at some point aswell.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
As rightly pointed out by @Martin_14  Dexter will be on Paramount+. The initial announcement stated that Paramount+ will be the international home for Showtime. 

Since Dexter is made by Showtime it explains why the expiration date is very soon.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/viacomcbs-partners-with-sky-to-launch-paramount-in-europe

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help