cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deadwood: The Movie 2019

Hello, having worked my way through the seasons of Deadwood I was looking forward to watching the movie and have found its been removed and now unavailable!

Apparently its available for SkyGo users to stream but not Now?

Can this be fixed please and why have two different streaming platforms?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @commanda6 

From what i can remember Deadwood The Movie was always a Sky Atlantic release and was added into the Sky Atlantic channel folder.

https://vodzilla.co/blog/vod-news/hbos-deadwood-movie-is-officially-a-go/#:~:text=Staff%20Reporter%2... 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User firstly, this is a customer community so any requests you're making won't be seen or heard by Now.

Sky Go is not another streaming service. It's an app/service for SkyQ customers to view Sky content and access their services. Without a Sky contact, it cannot be accessed.

Lastly, Deadwood the Movie is not available on any Sky service at the moment. See image below when logged into the community for it's availability on other streaming services.

Screenshot_20210329-103305.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Deadwood The Movie (2019) is showing for me under Entertainment, Sky Atlantic, where there is a separate Folder from the TV series.

Screenshot_20210329-104152.png

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps good spot. Being in the entertainment section is probably why it's not being picked up by JustWatch or ReelGood. I didn't even get a match searching Google.

Odd for Now to put a movie in the entertainment section.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 wrote:

@schnapps good spot. Being in the entertainment section is probably why it's not being picked up by JustWatch or ReelGood. I didn't even get a match searching Google.

Odd for Now to put a movie in the entertainment section.

I agree it is odd😑

If I remember correctly, this movie never aired on the cinema channels, but instead aired on sky Atlantic. This is likely the reason why it has been put in the entertainment section. Whenever something doesn't quite make sense. Always remember when it comes to content rights. There are things that only copyright lawyers will understand and the rest of us never will. 🤔

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @commanda6 

From what i can remember Deadwood The Movie was always a Sky Atlantic release and was added into the Sky Atlantic channel folder.

https://vodzilla.co/blog/vod-news/hbos-deadwood-movie-is-officially-a-go/#:~:text=Staff%20Reporter%2...