cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Criminal minds??? Please come back

Season 15 is well underway but there is no sign of any criminal minds on now tv anywhere 😞 

Do we have a date for when why will be added back on? 🙂 @Anonymous User 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps  @ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

Hey guys, have found something very interesting re Hulu and that Disney do fully intend on launching it internationally!

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/disney-plans-international-roll-out-of.html?m=1

Streaming service Hulu could be on its way to the UK after statements from Disney Chief Exec Bob Iger suggested international roll-out was being planned.

The subscription video-on-demand service has been around in the USA since 2007. At a presentation to discuss the company's latest earnings figures, Disney's Bob Iger confirmed that an international roll-out of Hulu was being planned for 2021, with the company first of all focusing on getting Disney+ rolled out around the world first.

Answering a question on the subject, Mr Iger said:

"We feel that we need to concentrate on those [Disney+] launches, and the marketing and the creation of product for those, and then come in with Hulu, right after or soon after that." 

Disney also confirmed that 28.6 million people had signed up for Disney+ since its launch in November. It will arrive in the UK next month.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @schnapps @robert1997 

Hi Gavs

Thanks for that info, but it has created a bit of dilemma for me. 

You see, I'm likely to drop my occasional use of Netflix and go all in on Disney+ but I see no reason to subscribe to Hulu as well, I just don't see what it has to offer. 

However, since I already have Now TV, Amazon Prime, an unknown number of Roku channels, regularly watch YouTube, try daily to play a digital album or two, and so I'm on the way to entertainment overload.

(I've not mentioned my daily dose of favourite terrestrial TV programs, a room full of DVDs or my 200 + music CDs to choose from [plus the enjoyment I get from buying extra devices for and tinkering with my music system]).

Mind Blown.gif

Now that I've re-read what I've written, (Yeah) I guess I'm way past normal.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click or copy this link to sign the petition:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/561867/sponsors/new?token=v93KsRTUnoi_Ti75IkIL

My petition:

Get Now TV to put all seasons of Criminal Minds back on Now TV.

Make Now TV put all seasons of Criminal Minds back on Now TV entertainment forever

Because thousands of Now TV customers enjoy the show and want it back, but it has been nearly 2 years since they took it off and they keep dragging their heels and lying saying they are working on it when they aren't and, months later they still haven't put it back on Now TV and tell customers they are still working on the rights, months later.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As much as this is a great idea, it is highly unlikely that Criminal Minds would stay on Sky/Now TV permanently. 

The show was produced by either CBS or ABC. So it’s more likely to be on either Paramount Plus or Disney+ Star when both launch next year. 

@Izzie-T  do you know if Criminal Minds will be added to Now TV anytime soon? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

CM Fan

I'm inclined to agree with Gavs on this one, it's unlikely that Sky/Now TV will ever have Criminal Minds on again, simply because of the contractual logistics.  

Also, what amount of cash are the copyright owners asking for?  Even though Sky's business negotiations are confidential it's obvious that if asked for a figure which does not make commercial sense then Sky will not bite.

Finally, Sky/Now TV cannot have any shows or films on permanently, they can only do that for the ones they produce and own the copyrights for. Therefore, most of the shows we see (and love) on Now TV are temporarily leased for a short period of time, i.e. they're renting instead of buying.  

In fact, to outright buy and own any of these American made shows would cost Sky  millions of dollars, money that they could not justify to their share holders or ever make back.

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

@ukbobboy @gavs82008 they could just buy the box set on DVD or digital download. £70 for all 15 seasons.

With 300 hours of episodes that would be cheaper than paying a NowTV subscription to watch all of it.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

they could just buy the box set on DVD or digital download. £70 for all 15 seasons.

With 300 hours of episodes that would be cheaper than paying a NowTV subscription to watch all of it.

I have noted that some big box sets on DVD on Amazon that are cheaper than paying for the streams.  Our local charity shop sells DVDs including box sets for 25p.  I got the Blackadder Ultimate Edition just prior to lockdown.  Worth just getting the DVDs to watch and giving them back.  Ironically, the charity shop is the same store that used to be were we rented videos back in the day.