cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Coroner season 1

What has happened to episode 8 of Coroner season 1? Episodes 1 to 7 have been available but no episode 8.

5 REPLIES 5
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It’s on tomorrow night. Season 2 starts on Wednesday, in case you got confused by the scheduling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is still showing no episode 8 despite it airing last night, it amazes me how often Now TV's back end database is corrupted, it only needs to hold 10 or so data fields with a unique record identifier to a) display correctly on schedules and b) on customers watch list.

They still cannot get it right yet this is technology that has been around for 40+ years , I was working on this stuff in the 1970s remote enquiries against back end databases updated inreal time and lookup of fixed schedules even to peoples TVs e.g. ceefax.

It is very basic stuff , I have seen amateurs write their own far moren complex programs that are more reliable than this e.g. small taxi firms schedules, drivers, customers, repeats, addresses, traffic data, billing....

Nowtv messes schedules and watchlists all the time, likely we will never see episode 8, has happened before. Note only currently watching on my sons soon to run out subscription , I cancelled last year , hate skipping episodes which is why I don't watch much of their content as I am many series behind and wont resubscribe. I enjoyed Coroner but unless 8 is up won't continue. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I wasn’t able to watch episode 8 live last night, so went to watch on catchup. No chance. I’ve raised this directly with NowTV, as I want to watch the end of season 1 before starting season 2 (tonight). For all we know, season 1 might have ended on a cliff-hanger, which will be resolved tonight. But I never read the last page of a thriller to find out who-dun-it without working through the entire plot. Without episode 8, that could be what we will have to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It could be what you have to do but I won't and it will be another series I abandon. 
My choice but I know others who feel that way. NowTV do not seem to care about customer service , which is why issues like this are just voiced on the community , they probably do not factor lost business. I had a prime subscription some years back and never had one schedule issue. 
I see people on reddit saying it encouraged them to illegally stream.
On the plus side I can spend my money where I do not have to sit through constant adverts for a subscribed service to push stuff that is already visible every time you connect.

Edit was busy last night but saw it on schedule and went to watch later. Suspect last week someone entered Season 2 episode 1 to the end of Season 1 and no one checks there work by looking from a customer facing perspective, which is why they never catch any errors to schedules.
False economy as irritating customers in a competitive environment never ends well.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Episode 8 is now up. Finally!