KBZ
Scholar

Comcast announces Peacock coming to Sky

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KBZ 

From other articles I’ve read Peacock will be bundled in with the entertainment membership at no extra cost.

Either way all great news 😎

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
herojan
Expert

This, plus the Paramount deal with sky (assuming it includes Now), may be enough for me to stay with Now when my deal finishes at the end of the year.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@herojan 

There is so many confusing statements about the Paramount+ launch.

The official statement mentions for Sky cinema customers. 
Nothing in the statement explicitly states NOW Sky cinema customers. Whereas with Peacock it was mentioned several times that Peacock would be added as part of the entertainment membership at no extra cost. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @herojan @gavs82008 

When cordbusters uk posted their news article about this, they said that they was going to reach out to Sky directly to find about the NOW service which was omitted from the Sky / Paramount + official press release.

The original cordbusters article didn't mention NOW at all.

Reading the article again this afternoon, it looks like it's been updated with information that Paramount + will not be included for free with your NOW Cinema Membership.

There will be a separate Paramount + App on the NOW branded devices to subscribe to Paramount + (not sure if it's a NOW separate add on Membership or a separate subscription service directly to Paramount +, like the Disney + App on the NOW boxes and Stick).

Here's an updated link to the cordbusters internet article, with a screenshot taken of the paragraph in question.

Perhaps @Simon-J can confirm if this cordbusters article is accurate or not ?

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/paramount-plus-streaming-coming-to-uk/ 

Screenshot_2021-08-15-18-03-21.png

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Thanks man, had definitely remember reading something like that somewhere.

It does make sense to an extent if it’s not part of the Cinema membership with NOW as some NOW customers won’t have both, some will only have entertainment memberships. Whereas Paramount+ on Sky TV it makes sense because to get the cinema package you need to have the “entertainment” package as a minimum. 

For those NOW customers that only have the cinema membership, it would make me wonder where the non film side of the content would be available on NOW. Guess it’s a little more complicated. 

Couldn’t agree more it would be nice to get 100% confirmation even if it’s not news that we’d like to hear! 

herojan
Expert

Thanks, that all interesting stuff.

My gut feel is a separate paramount app for the roku platform,  it probably already exists because of the US market.

That means another subscription service to consider vs now with peacock. I still think Now isn't going to be worth it even with the extra Peacock content.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@herojan 

It’s all down to content and what shows you prefer watching.

Whereas me and the Mrs like a lot of NBC shows like New Amsterdam and the Chicago shows. To have these shows the day they get added the same time as the US would be beyond ideal.

That being said it’s obviously down to personal preference.

herojan
Expert

Yeah, I'm still getting my head around what shows are going to end up on what streaming platforms