cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chicago PD

will season 8 be airing on now tv and if it does when please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

According to the Geektown website which is pretty accurate source of information, Chicago PD Season 8 will air on Sky Witness early 2021 (unfortunately there is no exact month or date yet given).

Maybe @Izzie-T of the NowTV Content Team may have more information to disclose with regards to the exact premier UK date ?

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  & @Anonymous User  for Info

Hey Gavs

You know that we in the UK have always got US TV shows a few months later than they start in the US, and I believe this mainly happens to insure that we see the shows in a regular weekly manner, rather than suffer the many breaks they have in the US over the course of a season, e.g. up to as many as 4 breaks some of which can last as long as 3 weeks.

Again, I believe they make shows in the US this way, ie. each episode a week or two before broadcast, so that if a show bombs the producers can pull the plug before losing too much money. Whereas in the UK, TV shows are made and sold to TV channels a whole series at a time.

Whether programming production and schedules will ever equalise both sides of the Atlantic only time and the deepness of corporate pockets will tell.

UK Bob

PS. Oh yeah, and the UK regulators. 

Martin_14
Expert

Any idea if Seasons 1-6 will be back on Now ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 

Every single episode of the Chicago franchise is on Peacock. Which Sky announced yesterday is launching in the UK later this year at no extra cost to Sky TV and NOW entertainment membership customers.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/comcast-announces-peacock-coming-to-sky

So to answer your question, my guess is we will see the entire Chicago franchise as well as the Law & Order franchise when Peacock gets added to the entertainment membership upon launch.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I'm kind of surprised they are bringing peacock as a separate thing instead of just rebranding Now as Peacock that would make more sense especially if it's going to be included for Now customers who have entertainment pass. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s exactly what I’m reading it as, the Peacock content will just be added to the NOW entertainment membership.

Especially when they said at no extra cost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I expect Chicago Fire and Med content though might depend when the agreement with prime video expires between NBC and Amazon in UK as it's still valid for those two shows. Chicago PD will probably be added with Peacock your right but why it was removed in first place is beyond me.

I wonder if Boost will remove ads from Peacock content as well and if that is reason they increased the cost of it

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That being said Bones is still on Amazon Prime despite being on Disney+ as part of the STAR launch. 
So it’s not outside the possibility that it could happen. More so considering Chicago fire seasons aren’t all available on Prime or NOW.

It would be very surprising if Boost didn’t get rid of any adverts. Especially if it’s just going to be part of the entertainment membership.

The more content will certainly help towards the “justification” for the £9.99 charge. Although I’m sure not many are paying that haha!

Martin_14
Expert

Multiple seasons of Chicago Fire and Med are being added to Netflix UK next month.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 

So I noticed and Chicago PD somehow left in the dark.

One can only assume when Peacock launched (whenever that’ll be) we will see every single episode of all 3 shows and also the entire Law & Order franchise. 

Having got Peacock in the US for the time being it’s a decent enough app, but the only “legal” way of watching older seasons of Fire and PD.