cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you recommend a good crime or political drama to watch.

I recently signed up to watch Now TV entertainment and am bewildered by the available choice. The only Sky drama I remembered that I wanted to see was Madame President and I watched all series and really enjoyed them. I'm now looking for something else to watch but I'm finding the filters worse than useless. A drama genre does not select crime or political dramas, just every drama on Sky.

I have saved several shows to My TV but I can't see where I can find them again to play. Shows like: The Wire, NCIS, Criminal Minds and the tunnel.

I would appreciate if you would recommend some series to watch and also tell me if there is an easier way of finding the crime dramas and seeing a brief summary of each programme.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am viewing Now TV on my Windows 10 laptop. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'd suggest giving Quantico, Aquarius or True Detective a look, and for something a little more unusual have a look at Elementary or Blacklist. If you don't mind non-US drama (and subtitled world drama) maybe have a look at The Kettering Incident, Public Enemy or Midnight Sun.

Easiest way to find a show again is to add it to My TV. When you add something to My TV it goes onto your Watchlist which you can find by clicking on the My TV link at the top of the page, and you'll see a section for your watchlist (which is where you should find the shows like NCIS that you've already saved) and a continue watching section for shows you are part way through watching.

You might want to add a bookmark directly to the page here
http://watch.nowtv.com/mytv/watchlist

There isn't any way to go directly to a list of crime drama shows as NOW TV only have very broad genres as you've already found out, so it takes a bit of browsing.They do from time to time showcase different collections but these appear on the app (on things like phones, tablets, NOW TV Box) and aren't currently on the website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy, thank you for your reply and your recommendations.

Since posting I have added some of your recommendations to MyTV watchlist. I had forgotten that I had started watching Tunnel at the end of last week. This is a crime drama similar to The Bridge but spans the channel tunnel with French & English detectives investigating. I watched many of the C4 Walther presents dramas, so I don't mind having to read subtitles. I find reading subtitles easier on the laptop than on the TV. I also enjoyed watching Spiral on the BBC, another French police series.

When I saved programmes to MyTV I thought they would be viewable from the Win10 app I was watching in. I never considered My Account as I thought of that as the admin area only. Thanks to you I now know where to find my selections and that I have to search for the title in the app to watch them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely recommend the blacklist also how to get away with murder is worth a look if you like the courtrooom side of things.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I read all the John Grisham novels back in the day and loved them. I will add How to get away with Murder to my list.

Geluk
Expert 2

Though I normally avoid sub titled shows, I'm now an avid watcher of the Italian show "Gomorrah"; violent in extreme but gripping.
Sad reflection of life in South of Italy.

Italian Thriller

Gomorra_La_Series_S01.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I saw that and thought it looked like Gotham but did not read about the details.  Iwill add that to the list and hope the horses head does not reappear on the pollow. 

Thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have so many recommendations I will see the future through square eyes and a flat bottom. I'm happy to receive others though if new dramas are released.

Happy viewing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quantico was good for the first series but I lost interest after that and gave up.

The Tunnel was excellent and I would love to watch other series.

The Blacklist though is amazingly good entertainment and I'm loving it.

Any further recommendations are very welcome.