cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can use a cinema pass on bt box app but not an entertainment pass. Doh

I've been watching the cinema pass on my bt box but bought an entertainment pass but couldn't watch it. Why? No answers found in community and couldn't do live chat as this didn't seem to work. Pretty miffed off as have now list 8 pound.

2 REPLIES 2
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Quick search on NowTV help soon found the answer 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s why NowTV offer free trials, so you can see if the Pass works before you shell out on one.

The answer to your problem - that YouView boxes, as supplied by BT and TalkTalk, and even those sold retail only have Movies in NowTV - come up about three times a day, so it’s all over the Community.

Though a lot of people talk about ‘their TV’ having the problem, forgetting that they are using a YouView box, and even those who know it’s a box, think it’s called BT TV or some TalkTalk name, not YouView.

We know the boxes will be getting the other NowTV services, just not when.

Your Pass will wait until then for you, though; or you might want to see if you have one of the other devices listed in the link @nowswaish gave you, or buy a NowTV Stick, if you want to use it now. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.