Just to let you know, my new TV has arrived and I am now waiting for my son to arrive and help me put it together.
It's a Samsung 43 incher which I bought in the 4th July sales and got £150.00 off the non-sale price, I just had to go for it.
Anyway, I'll report how I get on with it, especially the smart part of it (I guess it's gonna take me a cuppla hours to get the extras up and running).
Shock and horror, it's got two remote controls.
Some deals are just too good to pass up!!!!!
I'm sure you can't go too wrong with a Samsung and you'll be enjoying all your viewing on your new screen in no time.
Oh and have you seen the stories about the new Batwoman actress??? Seems to be fairly unknown to UK audiences. Check it out if you haven't read anything yet.
Yes, I have read about the new Batwoman, I was thinking of dropping a note in the forum but got caught up putting some of the physical bits of the TV together.
Nevertheless, it's being speculated that season 2 of Batwoman will be a soft re-boot, after all, it's unlikely that CW could continue with the majority of the story arcs from season 1. And, as I understand it, the new Batwoman is a totally new character created specifically by CW for the show, that means they will have to come up with a new (non-comic based) origin story.
However, whenever producers try to create new super heroes without a comic book bases they alway fail. Still, the CW team is experienced and have the chance to refresh the franchise, just so long as they keep politics out of it.
With the help of my son, I managed to set up my new TV and I found the going tougher than I thought it would be.
1) I had to download an app onto my smartphone, I'm an old fogey, suppose I didn't have a smartphone I would have been stuck.
2) All the forms and stuff I had to agree to, just to get the app to set up the TV, seems like I was signing away my first born to the electronic gods of Samsung.
3) The app also wanted me to switch on all my electronics I usually connect to my TV in order for them to be registered, my chromecast device was in a bag, will it work when I finally connect it to the new TV?
4) TV also reached into my 2 x NAS computers, I didn't want it to do that.
5) Don't think I can get Now TV on this beast.
You know, all that extra rubbish I had to go through on my smartphone was just data gathering for Samsung because this machine could have set itself up from the get go.
Somebody should do something about this.
PS. They want me to talk to this machine via Bixby and also insisted I give it a name, it would not move on with the set up process without THIS name, so I called it Bob.