cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

Just to let you know, my new TV has arrived and I am now waiting for my son to arrive and help me put it together.

It's a Samsung 43 incher which I bought in the 4th July sales and got £150.00 off the non-sale price, I just had to go for it.

Anyway, I'll report how I get on with it, especially the smart part of it (I guess it's gonna take me a cuppla hours to get the extras up and running).

Shock and horror, it's got two remote controls.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Some deals are just too good to pass up!!!!!

I'm sure you can't go too wrong with a Samsung and you'll be enjoying all your viewing on your new screen in no time.

Oh and have you seen the stories about the new Batwoman actress???  Seems to be fairly unknown to UK audiences.  Check it out if you haven't read anything yet.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

Yes, I have read about the new Batwoman, I was thinking of dropping a note in the forum but got caught up putting some of the physical bits of the TV together.  

Nevertheless, it's being speculated that season 2 of Batwoman will be a soft re-boot, after all, it's unlikely that CW could continue with the majority of the story arcs from season 1. And, as I understand it, the new Batwoman is a totally new character created specifically by CW for the show, that means they will have to come up with a new (non-comic based) origin story. 

However, whenever producers try to create new super heroes without a comic book bases they alway fail.  Still, the CW team is experienced and have the chance to refresh the franchise, just so long as they keep politics out of it.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yep, will be very interesting to see how they handle Batwoman in season two.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

With the help of my son, I managed to set up my new TV and I found the going tougher than I thought it would be.

1) I had to download an app onto my smartphone, I'm an old fogey, suppose I didn't have a smartphone I would have been stuck.

2) All the forms and stuff I had to agree to, just to get the app to set up the TV, seems like I was signing away my first born to the electronic gods of Samsung.

3) The app also wanted me to switch on all my electronics I usually connect to my TV in order for them to be registered, my chromecast device was in a bag, will it work when I finally connect it to the new TV?

4) TV also reached into my 2 x NAS computers, I didn't want it to do that.

5) Don't think I can get Now TV on this beast.

You know, all that extra rubbish I had to go through on my smartphone was just data gathering for Samsung because this machine could have set itself up from the get go.

Somebody should do something about this.

UK Bob

PS. They want me to talk to this machine via Bixby and also insisted I give it a name, it would not move on with the set up process without THIS name, so I called it Bob.