cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
ukbobboy
Legend

Well Guys

Seems like this as a World Finest team up is never going to happen:

Batwoman - Supergirl.jpg

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008@RoyB @robert1997 @Whydotheydothis @Antstad

Hello Party People

Just found out that season one of Stargirl, a new DC/CW superhero show on US TV, will be shown on Amazon Prime in the UK from 21st August.

Stargirl Premiere Poster.jpg

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2020/06/18/amazon-prime-uk-picks-up-dcs-stargirl-with-august-uk-premiere-...

From what I've read, this new show seems to have some "good things" going for it.

However, there is a problem on the horizon, whereas the Stargirl team are already talking about potential future crossovers with the other CW shows, Supergirl being the most obvious, chances are we in the UK will never see it (cry Crisis... anyone).

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yep, was reading that same article last night and since you posted that Stargirl trailer link several thread pages ago, it was certainly a show I was keen to watch.....so the fact it's off to Amazon is a bit of a disappointment.  I'm a Freeview and Now TV Entertainment Pass person and have still never ventured in to the Worlds of Netflix or Amazon Prime Video (maybe one day), so I'll just have to wait until a Stargirl DVD/Blu-ray is released at some point in the future.

I had hoped it might have found a home at Sky One (jings, even E4 would have done), but after the whole Batwoman fiasco, maybe Sky aren't that interested in dealing with Warner Media for any new stuff......although, with many Covid-19 related schedule holes to fill in the coming months, maybe a lot of networks were bidding for this and it just happened to be Amazon that won the day??????

Anyway, just recently binged my way through the season one Blu-ray of DC's Titans......and spinning-off from that I think I might also get myself the season one Blu-ray of Doom Patrol????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

I found myself an Amazon Prime viewer by default, I ended up an Amazon Prime customer without wanting to, i.e. more by mistake than design, then Amazon kept emailing me to give Amazon Prime TV a try, so I did.  I do now watch it from time to time but not as much as Now TV.  However, I do look forward to season two of The Boys, and now Stargirl as well.

I also plan to watch Titans and possible Doom Patrol on DVD or BluRay in the near future but I gotta hunt for a new TV, nothing jumping out at me yet but I should get one within the next 1 - 3 months, at the outside.

Catch ya lata (deliberately misspelt)  coz' I'm listening to Big Mountain

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Funnily enough, The Boys Blu-ray was another thing that I was thinking about buying....... I guess as you're looking forward to watching season two, you would recommend season one?????

I'm very much the same when it comes to new TVs, no need to rush, got to research all that's available and make sure you pick right as you'll probably have it for a few years??  I tend to stick (if I can) to John lewis for the included 5-year-guarantee and also never really go outside a Samsung, Sony or Panasonic.

Music does sound good, just recently purchased the new vinyl EP from Christine and the Queens, so might be time to give that a whirl.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thom

You have to watch season one of The Boys, it's a must watch (no ifs or buts).  As for TVs, I'm with you, take my time, check out the facilities and connections, as well as the picture quality.  You know, I'm not so keen smart TVs, simply because the smart facilities will fall into disuse, being no longer able to upgrade the smart part, within a few years. 

Saying all that, I tend to go for Samsung TVs more than any other, they just seem to have the right balance of everything I'm looking for.

As for big up and comings, you up for the Justice League, the Snyder Cut, I know I am.  I've seen the merest snippet of a teaser and I'm intrigued already. Darkseid  is coming (the way it should have originally been).

Later.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Party People

It's coming, here's a brief snippet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPjF9sJcj4A

Only on Max 2021. #SnyderCut #JusticeLeague About Max: Max is the culture-defining entertainment service for every mood. With a variety of genres that include your favorite series and movies from iconic brands and treasured franchises, it delivers irresistible stories every time. From reuniting ...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

As soon as The Boys Blu-ray hits an acceptable cost-to-episodes ratio I think I'll give it a go.......that's the problem with buying on Amazon, you think if you just wait a bit longer it will go even cheaper!!!!!

Again, very similar here, when I last bought the main TV for my bedroom (where I do most of my watching) I purposely avoided a Smart TV, didn't need or want such a thing.  I'm very happy with my non-smart TV and the Now TV App being on my Now TV Stick that's plugged in to the plain TV!!!!!!  Not sure if there's any science in this or not, but I tend to think the App on their own devices will be kept working better, where as the Apps on Smart TVs might become more problematic over time?????  I haven't particularly researched the TV market for a while, but I'm guessing good non-smart TVs might be a bit rarer than they were a few years ago??

Unfortunately that Justice League thing is not something I've ever watched, I know this new thing is a big deal for those who follow it, but the buzz of excitement is wasted on me.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What?

...the buzz of excitement is wasted on me.

For shame, Thom, for shame.

While I bop around listening to my sweet sweet  tunes, I'm thinking that Snyder is going to deliver on his promise to JLA and DECU fans, and since I've seen "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)", the animated movie, so already I'm kinda hyped up on what to expect from the Snyder Man and his retooling of JLA.

Yeah, the stuff shirts tried to stop him but he came back stronger than ever and now most of them are gone,  The remaining stuff shirts, the remnants, are quaking in their boots hoping against hope that the Snyder Man won't show the new bosses what a mess they've made of WB and their super hero IPs. Because a lot of them took editorial film decisions they had no business making and the new JLA cut will give the new bosses all they reasons they need to clear out the old guard remnants.

And possibly also herald in the David Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad, where the stuff shirts bad decisions making took whole new heights of stupidity with this movies theatrical release.

Sorry Thom, went a bit "all in fan boy" there but I'm sure you get the drift.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6@gavs82008@RoyB @robert1997 @Whydotheydothis @Antstad

Hello Party People

Just in case you didn't know, he's back.

BATMAN (Michael Keaton's New Batman)02.jpg

Oh yeah, and I for one can't wait.

UK Bob