cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 

Hi Casey

You know, I don't Twitter, bother with Twitterers or keyboard warriors, people with more time on their hands than common sense to do something more productive.

For myself, I believe that Ms Rose got hurt while doing a stunt on Batwoman and was probably rushed to hospital where she received emergency surgery.  Although no one has admitted this, which may be due to legal reasons, back injuries can have life changing consequences.

However, I am speculating that as she was injured on the job, she should therefore get the best medical and physical treatments available, paid for by CW's insurance carrier. 

And finally, I do wish wholeheartedly Ms Rose a speedy and full recovery, and hopefully pick up her career where she left off. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very sad news. Backs injuries can be a nightmare to recover from. Lets all just hope she gets well soon, as she has a bright future ahead of her.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Thom77  @Mark_Weinreb  @Antstad @gavs82008 @caseyb1993 

Hi Guys

Believe it or not, I read an article dated 15th March this morning saying that someone else has been paralysed in an accident while filming Batwoman season 1, here's the URL:

https://screenrant.com/batwoman-crew-member-injured-on-set-accident/

Now, presuming the article is true, why would anyone want the work on Batwoman when there is an ever present danger of ending up in a wheel chair.  There must be something very wrong if two people can have life changing accidents, during the same season of the same show. 

Personally, if I was in Ms Ruby Rose position, and now knowing what I know, I would resign also, it's just not safe.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb @Anonymous User 

You may have heard but if not we are finally getting the Snyder Cut to Justice League. ☺

Well the US are at least for HBO Max next year. So hopefully Sky pick it up or Amazon Prime maybe? (since they have the original on prime.) 

I did mean to post this days ago. 😂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Thom77 @Mark_Weinreb @Antstad @caseyb1993 

Hi Casey

Yeah, I heard and there's all sorts of fan theories why this came about.  The one I think most likely is when AT&T took over WB, they cleared out the old guard that made all those disastrous decisions that lost so much money (and made so many bad films). Besides, the old guard did not listen to the fandom or, it seems, understood the film properties they had.

Anyway, it looks like AT&T are going to build the WB brand back up, possibly to stand "toe to toe" with Marvel, and get some products on their streaming service fans want to see and, most importantly, pay for, hence the Snyder Cut.

If the Snyder Cut meet expectations when it comes out in 2021, there's a strong possibility that there might also be a David Ayer's cut of the Suicide Squad, which as you know had it's cinema release butchered by the former suits at WB.

(Bring back Jared Leto's Joker)

Later.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Ladies and Gents

Can't wait for Crisis... to come on Now TV anymore, 'sides my Crisis... DVD arrived at 6.30pm today so I'm gonna have a Crisis... fest from 11pm onwards.

UK Bob

PS. Too bad the Crisis... heavy Black Lightning episode is not on the DVD as well, can't have everything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yep, my Crisis DVD dropped through the letterbox at lunchtime Today and hopefully I'll get it binged at some point this week 😁😁

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

since I have dropped all of the CW shows except Batwoman, I'm giving this crossover a miss. 😂

Enjoy though! 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Anonymous User @CanaryCry94 @mark_suff @commanda6  @RoyB @robert1997 @Whydotheydothis @Antstad @gavs82008

Hi Casey (& the Gang)

Just watched an entire DVD sesh of Crisis on Infinite Earths, the way it was meant to be seen, a 3.5 hours of super hero entertainment.

I now believe that you can't get the full flavour of the crossovers unless you watch them back to back. You see, watching an episode on following days looses something, this would be worse watching an episode once a week.

So yes, I'm happy with this year's crossover and, honestly, see no point in watching (a spoiled) Crisis... (with missing parts) on Now TV.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Thom77 @CanaryCry94@mark_suff  @commanda6  @RoyB @Whydotheydothis @Antstad @gavs82008 @robert1997

Hi Fellow Superhero Gang Members

Just heard the new season 2 Batwoman's alter ego will not be Kate Kane, Ruby Rose's former character, but totally new to the role of Batwoman.  

Whether this new character, currently with a cast call up name of "Ryan Wilder", will be lifted from the comics or a totally new creation is not known at the moment. However, from a personal POV, I just hope CW does not make the same mistakes they made in season 1, staff the project with a good production team, and leave all that political nonsense behind

UK Bob