cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

it's interesting to read your differing opinions on DC's Legends as I think my opinion falls somewhere right in the middle!!  

I like it and would always take more, but maybe on occasion scale back the ridiculousness level....just a bit.

Legends is always good to keep around, because if any of our favourite characters end up being written out of one of the other Arrowverse shows, there's always the chance that Legends will pick them up????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

I appreciate your view and can see where you are coming from on this particular topic but I cannot comment on Legends anymore, I just dislike it too much.

It reminds me of the bad old days when sci-fi films and shows were made very cheaply for (even cheaper) laughs (cough  tax write-off  cough).

Sorry Thom, got carried away.

UK Bob

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

So, E4 have renamed episode 10 of Batwoman as episode 9, presumably so that fans who don’t have access to sky/nowtv won’t ask where the missing episode is. However, in my opinion, they compounded their mis-handling by leaving the trailer for “Crisis On Infinite Earths” on the end of episode 8.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

Yes, if you're going to skip by the proper episode 9 (crossover episode) so as not to confuse your viewers, don't leave in the Crisis clip at the end of episode 8, all that is going to do is...eh, confuse your viewers!!!!!

Anyway, I've got my pre-order in for the Crisis special DVD that is out on 25th May, so E4 can do whatever they like with episode 9!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Mark_Weinreb 

Thom

Truer words were never spoken, just forget about E4.

UK Bob

PS. Pre ordered my Crisis... DVD as well.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Mark_Weinreb  @Anonymous User @gavs82008 @caseyb1993 

Morning Guys

Just heard that Ruby Rose, the Batwoman actress, has resigned from the show and will not be back for season 2.

Trying to gauge the truth of what's happening requires some speculation, so here goes:  It seems that Ruby Rose has suffered a back injury during filming and as had to undergo some emergency surgery.  Because of this, Mz Rose has decided, or was advised, to resign from the show.

I believe that this was a wise move on Mz Rose's part because to play Batwoman requires the actress to be in peak physical condition and such a demanding role would only exacerbate her injury.

It is expected that CW will recast the Batwoman role for season two but as yet no one has been put forward as a replacement.

Once again, apart from the resignation, everything I've written is pure speculation based on what I've heard this morning.

Later.

UK Bob

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @gavs82008 @caseyb1993 

Given the poor reviews the show has had in the USA, her resignation might just give them the excuse they need to cancel (or indefinitely  postpone) the series. Expect a reason along the line of “she fitted the role so well that we cannot find another actress suitable, so regrettably...“

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb @ukbobboy @Anonymous User @gavs82008 @caseyb1993 

Was reading that news this morning as well......I heard she quit as she had had enough of E4 and their crossover scheduling😂

Although, that back injury she talks about did sound pretty serious, she mentions that it almost severed her spinal cord, nasty!!!!  Hence, if she might now be suffering the effects of that for years to come then the Batwoman role might be too much??  A life of slow-burn dramas and rom-coms may await??

I do hope Batwoman will continue (and surely it will), but I suppose this is the sort of news that could take it the other way.  What other actresses might fit the role????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Thom77  @Mark_Weinreb  @Antstad @gavs82008 @caseyb1993 

Hi again Guys

Just got this info off GeekTown:

Ruby Rose Leaves ‘Batwoman’ After Season 1, But Show Will Return For Season 2 With New Lead

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2020/05/19/ruby-rose-leaves-batwoman-after-season-1-but-show-will-return-...

Although both Ruby Rose and CW have allegedly  not given any reason for Ms Rose to resign from Batwoman, it is somewhat surprising that her resignation has come so close after an accidental back injury and follow up emergency surgery.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb 

That's sad to hear but she has to put her health and wellbeing first. The comments on Twitter about her are just vile. Don't you just love keyboard warriors.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂