cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would say Arrow-verse is even more accurate as he made the new Universe.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Antstad

I would agree with you if Arrow's daughter took up the mantle and got a new CW series but, as time moves on, a new Arrowverse herald is looking very unlikely. 

But I must admit, the name "CW World" is a bit naff.

UK Bob

Listening to some cool music (Savage Garden), gonna grab a beer from the fridge.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Was just having a quick browse online tonight at the Geektown website and their Comments section (down under the list of air dates) and noticed that the guy behind the site has posted some news about E4 and their showing of the Batwoman Crisis Crossover episode:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Seems to be saying that E4 will move episode 9 (crossover episode) to the end of the run, hence not going to get shown for another couple of months!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully that's not something that will affect the release of the Crisis DVD on 25th May?????  I wasn't thinking about the DVD myself, but if E4 do skip episode 9 then I think the DVD will be a must buy.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

Cheers for that bit of info, now it seems that the Blu Ray/DVD is more essential than ever for anyone in the UK that wants to see Crisis... as it was meant to be seen, minus the Black Lightning related episode.

Putting Crisis... aside for a moment, any news on which UK network is likely to pick up Star Girl?

Mind you, the news you've conveyed is the exact reason why I don't like or trust E4, and to tell you the truth I'm surprised E4 even bothered to mention their "Batwoman episode" switcheroo.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yes, that DVD could turn out to be a best seller...... The best £7 ever spent??

No news yet on Stargirl to the UK, anyone but E4 sounds good😁😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

As we struggle manfully in the UK to see this years Arrowverse Crossover in ALL it's glory, looks like the news is starting to drop about what the Crossover will be like next year:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a32478822/arrowverses-no-crossover-2020-two-shows/

It's looking like just a two-parter across Batwoman and the new Superman & Lois show.  It might only be two parts, but wondering if it will be just as difficult for us to follow in the UK???  All depending of course if any UK network buys in the new Superman & Lois show??????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

Yes, I've heard the same news too, that there'll be no real crossover for the CW superhero shows in the new year.  And since Batwoman and Superman & Lois, in the US, will be on the same night then I believe one show will seamlessly lead into the other.  Although CW has said that other heroes will be appearing in the (curtailed) crossover, there has been no mention of who those heroes will be. 

However, there is disturbingly no news of when Supergirl and Legends will return with their new seasons.  Mind you, I do think Legends has outlived it's reason to exist but I would be disappointed if Supergirl fails to return. 

As for a UK Network picking up Superman & Lois, I think Sky will jump at the opportunity as long as the reviews coming out of the US are not as bad as, or similar to, the reviews were about Batwoman.  Also, Superman & Lois will be a good replacement for Supergirl, weither that will be a "permanent" or an "addition to"only time will tell. 

Later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

After the Crisis Crossover five-parter I think they'll take it easy for a few years with some simpler and shorter crossover action?????

I'm sure Supergirl and DC's Legends will be back, probably just some time behind the other shows.........this article from TVLine mentions it a bit:

https://tvline.com/2020/05/14/the-cw-fall-lineup-2020-schedule-delayed-superman-and-lois/

......both Supergirl and Legends held back in US until Midseason 2021 (Spring or Summer)........obviously Supergirl delayed due to pregnancy and Legends with its shorter season runs does now seem to start a bit later than the rest.

Hopefully Sky One can get Superman & Lois, but E4 might be loitering about for some of that action as well???  Even if E4 got Superman & Lois to join Batwoman on their network they'd probably still mess up the Crossover!!!!!!!!  E4 needs some new management just as much as I need a hair cut😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hold your horses there. Legends of Tomorrow is the best CW show by far. The first season was terrible, but since then the writing has improved and become the funniest and querkiest superhero show on TV. Every episode is a pure joy. I enjoy the other shows, but who doesn't roll their eyes and look at their phone every week when you know the Pep talk on the Flash is about to start.

If you are not watching Legends you really need to give it a go and remember it's the Rick and Morty of the CW.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Ant

I know there's "different strokes for different  folks" but to say Legends "is the best CW show by far" is way-way out there (yes, that's a double "way"). Personally, I believe that Legends is the worse CW show ever, and the best shows they've ever done was when they up against the Legion of Doom.

As for Legends comedy's concerned, it's third rate at best.

However, I will agree with you that the "Flash Pep-Talk" is truly cringe-worthy  but that cannot take away from the show's quality, whereas Legends has none.  All the quality that was inherent has been expunged for cheap laughs.

OK, not gonna "trash-talk" Legends anymore, it's just that it's changed from an action/adventure show into a comedy one written by non-comedy writers, and I don't like that.

Some folks do .... "different strokes for different  folks".

UK Bob

PS. Sorry Ant, I've got this tendency to get too  serious when discussing super hero shows and films, yeah it's sad.