cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154

Thanks to E4 I just had to give up and watch Crisis on Infinite Earths without Part 2, which made Part 3 the most confusing TV show episode I've ever seen. This is going to happen with Arrowverse crossovers every year now, since E4 can't be bothered showing Batwoman at the same time as the other shows on Sky One. Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 2 will make absolutely no sense to E4 viewers that haven't watched the other Arrowverse shows and the rest of the crossover.

ukbobboy
Legend

@ScottishTVuser9 

Well STV9

If you check this thread, you'll see that this "confusion" you're experiencing over Crisis... was predicted and the only way to become unconfused is to buy the BluRay/DVD when it comes out around Christmas.

Mind you, there is a forum member that's got VPN and has been able to keep up with US shows the we in the UK haven't seen yet, that may be a way forward for you.

UK Bob

I've been following the thread for a while and unfortunately I'm familiar with how poorly UK free-to-air channels often handle US shows. It was the reason I was hoping Batwoman would be on Sky One before it was confirmed that E4 had the rights. I'll watch Crisis part 2 when E4 get around to showing it. When it's out on DVD/Blu-ray I'll rewatch it in the intended order.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ScottishTVuser9 @ukbobboy 

Been reading some stories lately that Channel 4 have big money worries due to Covid-19 killing off the money they make/need from advertising, so future programme purchasing may be an issue for them?????  Maybe if they haven't already got the option on Batwoman season two and season one doesn't do it for them ratings wise (keep wondering when the 9pm Sunday night episode will go to midnight??) they might not bother with season two and Sky One could swoop in and pick it up??

Also, just spotted this little Crisis on Infinite Earths beauty on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crisis-On-Infinite-Earths-DVD/dp/B0877D2CPX/ref=sr_1_6?crid=13HD2XG9B2JE4&d...

No need to wait until Xmas.  Released on 25th May...... just one day after E4 might be scheduled to show their Crossover episode nine on 24th May???????????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @ScottishTVuser9 

Hi Guys

Thom

Hi Thom, thanks for that bit of info.  I am definitely going to order the DVD because it's the only way I'll see Crisis... the way it was meant to be seen, plus I am overjoyed I don't have to wait until Christmas.

Thom & STV9

Guys, there is no doubt that we as viewers have been badly treated this year and, quite frankly, it should never happen again.  Something the program buyers at Sky/Now TV should bear in mind for the future.

Anyway, another piece of news I picked up, Supergirl's current season is likely to be cut short from it's planned 23 episodes to only 19 or 20. As you can guess, Corona has played and big part in this "shortening" event but also the Supergirl  actress, Melissa Benoist, is having a baby.  I believe CW is using the extended break to give Ms Benoist some extra time to rest and recuperate.

As far as I'm aware, Flash is still doing 22 or 23 episodes for it's current season but as for the others, Batwoman and Legends, it is not yet known how their end of seasons are going to play out.

Stargirl, a new CW series, is starting in May, don't know yet if Sky will pick it up, and Superman and Lois is believed to have been pushed back from it's originally planned start date in October. 

That's all for now, later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I'm guessing that DVD is being rushed out as they all know the UK has had a raw deal with the crossover this season.

I think Stargirl is a show I'd like to see... hopefully Sky One if they want it, don't think E4 will nick this one as they probably can't afford it right now??

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I though Tom Welling was guesting on the Crossover? Didn’t see him?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I think he appeared in the Batwoman crossover part and the UK haven't seen that part yet..... you'll see him once E4 show it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, he has a scene in Batwoman. Great episode, luckily was out of the country over Christmas and got to watch them all in order. Worth checking out Ep2 when it comes out on E4.

Also worth checking out Black Lightning on Netflix, isn't part of the crossover but has a good lead in episode and now part of the world.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Fellas

Thom

Yeah, guess you're right because it would be silly to hold off on releasing Crisis... especially as most film studios' cash flow are now hurting.

MH

Here a picture of Tom Welling as he appears in the Batwoman episode of Crisis...

Tom Welling on Batwoman.jpg

Antstad

Although Black Lightning in not officially part of Crisis..., I understand that S03E09 of BL is very Crisis heavy.

Now that BL is part of the CW world (Arrowverse doesn't seem right anymore) I hope that there will be an all girl crossover in the future, featuring Supergirl, XS, Thunder, Lightning and Batwoman.

Later

UK Bob