cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @ScottishTVuser9 

all looks like Geektown have confirmed the return dates for Supergirl, Flash and Arrow.

Starts of on the 30th March with Supergirl, then Flash on 31st and Arrow on the 1st April.

However Batwoman not confirmed only saying April.

Very disappointing having to wait so long, but at least a confirmed date for now. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Yes, good to see our Sky One Arrowverse shows getting their return dates, but I still think I might save them up for a binge watch (if leave dates permit) so I can work them in with Batwoman crossover episode.

Jings, if Batwoman goes April that would make a mockery of the coming soon trailers that E4 are currently running..... I still think it will drop in late March, in fact I'm going to guess at Sunday 29th March.... it's just a hunch, so let's see how wrong I might be😁😁

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @ScottishTVuser9 @Anonymous User

Hey Gavs

Cheers for that bit of info and, being cynical Bob for the moment, shows that we will not see the Crisis... saga in it's entirety. We will miss out on Batwoman S01E09  and Black Lightning S03E09 (although not strictly part of the saga).

I'm thinking that I'll have to wait until Christmas time to get the FULL Crisis... saga, in chronological order, on Blu-Ray/DVD.

Unfortunately Thom

There is no way you're going to be able to sync up Batwoman's Crisis episode with the other four (other five, if you count Black Lightning).  Which is a crying shame that we, in the UK, have missed out again.

I just hope that next year's cross-over is not so messed up as this year's is turning out to be.

In tears and crying in despair

Crying Emoji 2.jpg

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

I have a feeling that next years crossovers will only really involve Supergirl and the Flash.

With HBO Max launching in the States sometime in May and being under the umbrella that includes the CW network I’m hoping they pick up the rights for the shows, so I can sign up and make use of my VPN. With my VPN I already have Hulu and CBS All Access and watching FBI season 2 and Swat season 3 is already there waiting to be watched. 

Don’t see me keeping Now TV much longer at this rate with the poor way they continue to pick up the rights for TV shows. They seem to have gotten worse in many areas unless it’s on Sky Atlantic.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @ThomasYates @Antstad @ScottishTVuser9

@robert1997

Hi Guys

Just mulling this over, while listening to Gotye featuring Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know, hoping that CW will listen and take on-board:

I would like to see to see a crossover featuring XS (Nora West Allen - Barry Allen's daughter), Lightning and Thunder (Black Lightning's daughters) and Supergirl (and maybe Batwoman as well).

Now, I think this would be a great team up (The CW Girls) but I really don't know yet what villain they should go up against, possibly Reverse Flash - he's tough, clever and deadly, plus CW could use Matt Letscher to play the part, rather than Tom Cavanagh.

Either way, I would really like to see the younger super heroes team up against a tough no nonsense baddie. 

UK Bob

PS. Although unlikely, I would dearly like to see the return of XS and the Flash

Family.

Family Flash.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 @caseyb1993 @robert1997 @RoyB @schnapps 

Hey Thom

Thanks for that info, I'll keep an eye out for Batwoman although I'm not too keen on E4.

Anyway guys I just want to mention how boring this forum has become since we've all started to visit with decreasing frequency. There are no debates anymore, no hobby discussions or ever any banter.  Only similar newbie problems continually swirling around the same theme. 

It's all disheartening.

I'll cut out now before I become gloomy Bob

Fellow forum members, until next time

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

No point tagging me in on this thread in the future, because i am not a DC or Super Hero watcher (especially TV Shows).

Hence the reason i don't normally contribute to this particular thread 😢.

Though, i must admit i did quite enjoy the Deadpool, Kick Ass and Venom movies which was unusual for me because it is not the type of movie genre that i usually tend too watch 😀.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Hey Schnapps

Glad you enjoyed those movies, and even though I enjoyed them as well I wasn't really talking about the super hero movies and shows in particular, I was talking about how void of anything enjoyable this forum has became.

We've talked about other stuff other than shows and movies and, unless I've imagined the whole thing, it used to be very enjoyable to visit this forum, now it's just meh! 

May be we have just run out of things to talk about that other forum members would find interesting or we've all become boring and meh-ish... (just made that word up).

Right now, not watching any TV but actually playing an album I originally bought back in 72/73, it suits my current mood.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @ThomasYates @Antstad @ScottishTVuser9

@robert1997

Hey Fellas

Just a bit of news that may or may not be true:

It looks like XS (Nora West Allen) will make an appearance in The Flash later on in one (or maybe even two [I wish]) episodes of this season, i.e. S06E16 and/or E17. 

I understand that Jessica Parker Kennedy, the actress that plays XS, was actually seen in Canada in early February, which should fit nicely in with the planned US air date of the episode(s) she might be in.

Here's a screen capture of how XS might appear:

XS - Daughter of the Flash.JPG

However, at this stage it's vague and unsubstantiated speculation, based on a YouTuber's info. 

Here's another bit of (this time sad) news, due to Corona The Flash next US break is going to be longer than usual, i.e. scheduled for two weeks instead of one, so this might affect when the show returns to Sky and Now TV.  Still, just be aware that this "scheduled two weeks" break for Flash and some other CW shows may last longer than expected, depending on unpredictable events.

OK  Peeps, next time

UK Bob