cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mark_Weinreb
Expert 2

Re: CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@ukbobboy et al, According to this evening’s edition of Metro, E4 have picked-up Batwoman and will air it later this year.

Lorquin
Scholar

@ukbobboy @Thom77 

Frankly I've given up on what could have been the TV event of the year, we are, as you so politely put it, stuck. Before I went away for Xmas and lost access, I watched the first two episodes with a VPN on the CW website (surprisingly easy to fool), they were enjoyable but the whole saga has soured them somewhat and I'm not desperate the see the rest.

The Batwoman episode is number 9 so assuming one a week, starting today that would be 10th March on E4. Supergirl episode will be the first back after the break which last year was 4th March. Not possible to sync them up unless E4 air that episode as a special or Sky delay Supergirl for months.

E4 also picked up the animated Harley Quinn series, I don't know what that means other than E4 trying to get into the DC universe. Might be a bit late?

gavs82008
Elite

@Lorquin @ukbobboy @Mark_Weinreb @Thom77 @Antstad 

To me this just boils down to poor management rights for US TV shows. There is a big push against piracy, however when Sky and other broadcasters either don't pick it up or purposely leave it till the show is finished or half way through its season just to "miss" the breaks is in my view a load of BS. 

That being said I do not download content illegally and I can see why people do it in order to avoid spoilers and keep properly up to date. 

As much as I am a big fan of Supergirl, Flash and Arrow, I am relatively content with how Sky One has handled it. However like @Lorquin mentioned it is very easy to get access to the shows from the CW website, I remember a few seasons ago I was watching all the shows via Hulu. 

Unless UK broadcasters can air all programs either the same day or the following day, a lot of people will continue to download illegally. 

For us, it is trying to avoid spoilers, or worse having to wait for the show to be aired here. 

As an example is FBI, season 2 is well under way in the US. We have just finished season 1, whereas Spain's Now TV has practically matching US air dates and is only a couple episodes behind. More annoyingly a show that is averaging 8+million viewers in the US. 

Rant over 😅

ukbobboy
Champion 2

Re: CWs DC Shows: Crisis on Infinite Earths

@gavs82008 @caseyb1993  @Lorquin @Mark_Weinreb @Thom77 @Antstad  @magichands 

Well Said Gavs

Messing your customers around and starving them for content is not only missed opportunities but also BS and pushing those that can to the dark side.

Crisis on Infinite Earths Poster04.jpg

I wonder how long they are going to keep up waiting for our incomplete version of Crisis....especially as we in the UK are only going to get  4 out of the 5 episodes of this saga.

Not even sure if we are going to get them sequentially, i.e, episodes 1, 3, 4 & 5, episode 2 is Batwoman S01E09 which has not been picked up.

Still miserable

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Champion 2

@gavs82008  @Lorquin  @Mark_Weinreb  @Thom77  @Antstad  @caseyb1993 

Hey Guys

Check out, Crisis on Infinite Earths:  The RECAP Rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3Zsq07mSY

UK Bob

A recap rap song covering the cw DC crossover event of the decade, Crisis on Infinite Earths! Download/Stream on iTunes! ► https://apple.co/30UEn9h Listen on...
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy@gavs82008 @Lorquin @Mark_Weinreb @Thom77 

I'm more interested in that E4 picked up Harley Quinn. Was praying for news about this one! 😊😊

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Thom77
Elite

@caseyb1993 

Must admit to never having heard about this Harley Quinn show before I read about it in the Batwoman article and it does sound quite good, think I'll give it a watch as well.

0 Thanks

I honestly thought that in the year 2020 we were past being messed around when it comes to US shows like this. It's just disrespectful to viewers. E4's track record last year for US shows wasn't great either. They moved The 100, Krypton and Fear the Walking Dead to the graveyard slot at midnight or later. E4 is no longer a reliable channel for US shows.

I wouldn't be surprised if E4 ends up doing a Channel 5 and drops Batwoman after Season 2. It should have been on Sky One with the rest of the Arrowverse shows, so that the crossovers could be in sync with each other. If only the CW had their own streaming service available here.

0 Thanks
Antstad
Mentor

I agree, E4 is so bad I missed the start of 100, had a nightmare with Krypton. If you try and watch Rick and Morty on All 4 app, it really hard to see the post credit sequence as it tries to get you on to another show, normally unrelated.

FYI I got to watch Batwoman and if you get past so badly written dialog in the first 2 episodes, it's quite good fun.
0 Thanks
gavs82008
Elite

@Antstad @ukbobboy @ScottishTVuser9 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 

Just saw the latest update for the Flash, Supergirl, Arrow etc returns on Geektown. Have to say I am not surprised, but in all honesty p!ssed off that as usual the UK get shafted with air dates for US shows. 

Arrow, Season 8b (Final) - Sky One, No exact date/time - Spring 2020  (TBC)