cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was away over Christmas and got to watch all of Batwoman and the first 3 parts of the Cross over. It really good, and I would recommend watching Batwoman first so you understand her character better.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Just want to throw my couple a pennies worth in the ring:

1) Lorquin

I agree with you when you say Sky pretended that they could not get Batwoman, it is more than likely that Sky did not want it, which is why C4/E4 picked it up so easily.

Also, remember I said, a page or two ago, "CW/DC/WB are still gonna wanna make money from Batwoman (tongue in cheek style)", so because of all the bad US reviews this show was, and still is, getting CW/DC/WB were desperate to sell (i.e, rent) this show at virtually any price.  Hence, the late stage and ease at which C4/E4 was able to to pick up this show.

2) Thom

Thom, don't know if your serious or not but no matter how friendly C4 and Sky are together they do not have the right, legal or otherwise, to swap CW shows between each other, simply because they do not own the copyright. Remember, Batwoman is made by CW/DC/WB who in turn own the copyright, while C4 and Sky are merely renters or lessees of CW programs. 

That said, it is highly unlikely that  C4 and Sky will be able to sync up Crisis.... anyway, so I'm afraid that we, in the UK, are stuck.

Still miserable

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

C4 and Sky have done deals on other things before as per my previous Post, so they must be 'friendly' enough to do things like that, with the right amount of money involved as well??????

I'm falling back on my older seasons of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, when a few years back two of those shows (can't remember exactly which two) had a crossover ...... one show was here in the UK on CH5 and the other was on Fox, but when it came to it they each were able to show the others crossover episode...... so whatever the legalities of it might be (and NO DOUBT they'd need the OK from the US copyright holder) there is definitely some precedent for such a thing to happen.  I can but dream!!!!!!!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah Thom

I agree, all things are possible it's just that where NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans are starting off from a level playing field Batwoman is down a well and in the dark.

However, CW have not given up on Batwoman because it's got a another season, along with a few others I though were vulnerable.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/07/the-cw-renewed-shows-2020-list-riverdale-flash/

UK Bob 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy et al, According to this evening’s edition of Metro, E4 have picked-up Batwoman and will air it later this year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

Frankly I've given up on what could have been the TV event of the year, we are, as you so politely put it, stuck. Before I went away for Xmas and lost access, I watched the first two episodes with a VPN on the CW website (surprisingly easy to fool), they were enjoyable but the whole saga has soured them somewhat and I'm not desperate the see the rest.

The Batwoman episode is number 9 so assuming one a week, starting today that would be 10th March on E4. Supergirl episode will be the first back after the break which last year was 4th March. Not possible to sync them up unless E4 air that episode as a special or Sky delay Supergirl for months.

E4 also picked up the animated Harley Quinn series, I don't know what that means other than E4 trying to get into the DC universe. Might be a bit late?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy @Mark_Weinreb @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

To me this just boils down to poor management rights for US TV shows. There is a big push against piracy, however when Sky and other broadcasters either don't pick it up or purposely leave it till the show is finished or half way through its season just to "miss" the breaks is in my view a load of BS. 

That being said I do not download content illegally and I can see why people do it in order to avoid spoilers and keep properly up to date. 

As much as I am a big fan of Supergirl, Flash and Arrow, I am relatively content with how Sky One has handled it. However like @Anonymous User mentioned it is very easy to get access to the shows from the CW website, I remember a few seasons ago I was watching all the shows via Hulu. 

Unless UK broadcasters can air all programs either the same day or the following day, a lot of people will continue to download illegally. 

For us, it is trying to avoid spoilers, or worse having to wait for the show to be aired here. 

As an example is FBI, season 2 is well under way in the US. We have just finished season 1, whereas Spain's Now TV has practically matching US air dates and is only a couple episodes behind. More annoyingly a show that is averaging 8+million viewers in the US. 

Rant over 😅

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 @caseyb1993  @Lorquin @Mark_Weinreb @Thom77 @Antstad  @magichands 

Well Said Gavs

Messing your customers around and starving them for content is not only missed opportunities but also BS and pushing those that can to the dark side.

Crisis on Infinite Earths Poster04.jpg

I wonder how long they are going to keep up waiting for our incomplete version of Crisis....especially as we in the UK are only going to get  4 out of the 5 episodes of this saga.

Not even sure if we are going to get them sequentially, i.e, episodes 1, 3, 4 & 5, episode 2 is Batwoman S01E09 which has not been picked up.

Still miserable

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User  @Mark_Weinreb  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

Hey Guys

Check out, Crisis on Infinite Earths:  The RECAP Rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3Zsq07mSY

UK Bob

A recap rap song covering the cw DC crossover event of the decade, Crisis on Infinite Earths! Download/Stream on iTunes! ► https://apple.co/30UEn9h Listen on Spotify! ► https://spoti.fi/2RR9Dlu Listen to all Recap Raps on Spotify! ► https://spoti.fi/2L50SRr More Recap Raps ► http://bit.ly/2Kv79bD
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb @Anonymous User 

I'm more interested in that E4 picked up Harley Quinn. Was praying for news about this one! 😊😊

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂