cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Oh wow, another show to keep up with! I would expect Sky to pick it up.

As for Crisis, I don't know who forces Sky to broadcast so late but by the morning my youtube recommendations are so full of clips from the show I feel like I've already seen the whole thing! Totally given up on avoiding spoilers 😂

Massive fan of last night's cameo.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

In reply to your posts, I just want to clear some thoughts bouncing around my ancient noggin':

Thom

You know, I can't really blame Sky for passing on Batwoman because if it's as bad as everyone is saying then Sky/Now TV would loose money if they had picked it up.

Personally, I blame CW for making a show that was doomed from the start, especially as there are some very recent, similar themed, failures they should have learned from.

Lorquin

At this stage of the game, I still don't know when Sky/Now TV plans to stream Crisis... and I believe the US are now half way through the saga already and, so far, we've just got nada.

As for the clips, trailers and teasers I've stopped watching them simply because they now depress me and, I further feel, we are unnecessarily missing out.

As for Stargirl, like you I hope Sky/Now TV picks it up when it becomes available

Finally you said, "Massive fan of last night's cameo." Sorry, what cameo?

Listening to some tunes and sipping on a smirnoff. 

Smirnoff & Cola.jpg

Later fellas.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

Yeah, I don't watch trailers etc, I've lost a lot of hype for the show. 

I was trying to avoid spreading explicit spoilers (ha!) for the cameo so...

SPOILER!!!!

Lucifer (adore that show and Constantine) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is supergirl st-episode 9 being released in the uk

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see that "Crisis" is to be aired on Sky One. Where does that leave NowTV? I thought is was part of the Sky family? Cant see the episodes on Supergirl, Flash or anything else!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Crisis will be on now tv at the same time they're on Sky one which we think will be around Feb next year. Apart from Batwoman (episode 2) which Sky doesn't have the rights to. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

Hi Superheroes Fans

Here's the final trailer for Crisis..., and the final two shows will be shown next Tuesday (14th January) in the States, while we have not seen bupkis yet.

Upset emoji.png

I am somewhat upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp6lz_gjwuE

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @caseyb1993 

BATWOMAN ON E4!!!!!!

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/01/e4-acquires-uk-rights-to-batwoman/

Unfortunately, the article does only suggest that it is coming in 2020, so who knows if it will be soon....... or, well after the other shows on Sky have been and gone???????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Wow, didn't see that coming. I got the impression from Sky that they weren't given the opportunity to buy Batwoman even if they had wanted it so I assume that E4 must have really wanted it so you'd hope they'd treat it well - i.e. broadcast asap.

OTOH, Sky could have just been trying to make themselves sound better for not wanting to buy the show. Something is fishy, it would be different if Sky had only 1 or 2 shows but for E4 to deliberately rob Sky of the only show they didn't have (and not even a very popular one afaik) is odd.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Yes, who knows for sure WHY Sky One didn't get Batwoman...... I'm guessing we'll never know????  But, when it was certain they didn't have it, I did think that E4 might have been one of the possible destinations.

For our Crossover needs lets do hope that E4 start showing Batwoman soon and then by the time the other shows start back on Sky One it will all fit together nicely........ however, the spokesperson on that article saying "2020" does not bode well for something soon, I think we can all guess that E4 might not start showing it until it has totally finished in the states, putting it well behind the other Arrowverse shows on Sky One.....might it even not come until the Summer???????

However, Sky and C4 seem to be friends who do deals with various things in television land, so surely they could do some sort of cross-supply deal to share the Crossover episodes and keep all fans happy?????  Sky let C4 show last Summers Cricket World Cup Final live, is it not also a Sky/C4 deal that gives C4 the F1 highlights and live British GP and is there not also some TV deal where a small number of new C4 shows quickly end up on Sky/Now TV as boxsets..........again, friends who do deals!!!!!!  SO, surely E4 could let Sky One have the Batwoman Crossover in the near future.....and in return, Sky could give E4 the other Crossover episodes if they don't show Batwoman until a later date........... EASY!!!!!!!!!!