cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

I see that "Crisis" is to be aired on Sky One. Where does that leave NowTV? I thought is was part of the Sky family? Cant see the episodes on Supergirl, Flash or anything else!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@magichands

Crisis will be on now tv at the same time they're on Sky one which we think will be around Feb next year. Apart from Batwoman (episode 2) which Sky doesn't have the rights to. 

Highlighted
Champion 2

@Lorquin  @magichands  @Wolf34  @Thom77  @caseyb1993 

Hi Superheroes Fans

Here's the final trailer for Crisis..., and the final two shows will be shown next Tuesday (14th January) in the States, while we have not seen bupkis yet.

Upset emoji.png

I am somewhat upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp6lz_gjwuE

UK Bob

The final two hours of Crisis on Infinite Earths return airing back-to-back January 14th on The CW! Catch up on the first three hours now to prepare for the ...
Highlighted
Elite

@ukbobboy @Lorquin @magichands @Wolf34 @caseyb1993 

BATWOMAN ON E4!!!!!!

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/01/e4-acquires-uk-rights-to-batwoman/

Unfortunately, the article does only suggest that it is coming in 2020, so who knows if it will be soon....... or, well after the other shows on Sky have been and gone???????

0 Thanks
Scholar

@Thom77 

Wow, didn't see that coming. I got the impression from Sky that they weren't given the opportunity to buy Batwoman even if they had wanted it so I assume that E4 must have really wanted it so you'd hope they'd treat it well - i.e. broadcast asap.

OTOH, Sky could have just been trying to make themselves sound better for not wanting to buy the show. Something is fishy, it would be different if Sky had only 1 or 2 shows but for E4 to deliberately rob Sky of the only show they didn't have (and not even a very popular one afaik) is odd.

Highlighted
Elite

@Lorquin 

Yes, who knows for sure WHY Sky One didn't get Batwoman...... I'm guessing we'll never know????  But, when it was certain they didn't have it, I did think that E4 might have been one of the possible destinations.

For our Crossover needs lets do hope that E4 start showing Batwoman soon and then by the time the other shows start back on Sky One it will all fit together nicely........ however, the spokesperson on that article saying "2020" does not bode well for something soon, I think we can all guess that E4 might not start showing it until it has totally finished in the states, putting it well behind the other Arrowverse shows on Sky One.....might it even not come until the Summer???????

However, Sky and C4 seem to be friends who do deals with various things in television land, so surely they could do some sort of cross-supply deal to share the Crossover episodes and keep all fans happy?????  Sky let C4 show last Summers Cricket World Cup Final live, is it not also a Sky/C4 deal that gives C4 the F1 highlights and live British GP and is there not also some TV deal where a small number of new C4 shows quickly end up on Sky/Now TV as boxsets..........again, friends who do deals!!!!!!  SO, surely E4 could let Sky One have the Batwoman Crossover in the near future.....and in return, Sky could give E4 the other Crossover episodes if they don't show Batwoman until a later date........... EASY!!!!!!!!!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I was away over Christmas and got to watch all of Batwoman and the first 3 parts of the Cross over. It really good, and I would recommend watching Batwoman first so you understand her character better.

Highlighted
Champion 2

@Thom77  @Lorquin  @Antstad  @magichands  @Wolf34 

Hi Guys

Just want to throw my couple a pennies worth in the ring:

1) Lorquin

I agree with you when you say Sky pretended that they could not get Batwoman, it is more than likely that Sky did not want it, which is why C4/E4 picked it up so easily.

Also, remember I said, a page or two ago, "CW/DC/WB are still gonna wanna make money from Batwoman (tongue in cheek style)", so because of all the bad US reviews this show was, and still is, getting CW/DC/WB were desperate to sell (i.e, rent) this show at virtually any price.  Hence, the late stage and ease at which C4/E4 was able to to pick up this show.

2) Thom

Thom, don't know if your serious or not but no matter how friendly C4 and Sky are together they do not have the right, legal or otherwise, to swap CW shows between each other, simply because they do not own the copyright. Remember, Batwoman is made by CW/DC/WB who in turn own the copyright, while C4 and Sky are merely renters or lessees of CW programs. 

That said, it is highly unlikely that  C4 and Sky will be able to sync up Crisis.... anyway, so I'm afraid that we, in the UK, are stuck.

Still miserable

UK Bob

Highlighted
Elite

@ukbobboy 

C4 and Sky have done deals on other things before as per my previous Post, so they must be 'friendly' enough to do things like that, with the right amount of money involved as well??????

I'm falling back on my older seasons of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, when a few years back two of those shows (can't remember exactly which two) had a crossover ...... one show was here in the UK on CH5 and the other was on Fox, but when it came to it they each were able to show the others crossover episode...... so whatever the legalities of it might be (and NO DOUBT they'd need the OK from the US copyright holder) there is definitely some precedent for such a thing to happen.  I can but dream!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Champion 2

@Thom77 

Yeah Thom

I agree, all things are possible it's just that where NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans are starting off from a level playing field Batwoman is down a well and in the dark.

However, CW have not given up on Batwoman because it's got a another season, along with a few others I though were vulnerable.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/07/the-cw-renewed-shows-2020-list-riverdale-flash/

UK Bob