cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy That's why I dropped Supergirl before last season's finale. If I wanted to see politics, I would just stick the news on. 😠

Thinking about it, I need to catch up on this week's Flash. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hello Party People

Another final Crisis.... trailer, our consolation prize until Sky/Now TV streams this epic saga (4 out of 5 shows anyway) onto our TVs sometime in the new year.

Oh, BAHHH Humbug!

Bah Humbug Emoji.jpg

UK Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKLb4eP0lvg

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Lorquin  @Thom77  @Antstad  @CalamityJade 

Oh Yeah Party People

Check out this sneak peak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJHGLctMPY

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Lorquin  @Thom77  @Antstad  @CalamityJade 

Hi again PP

Sneak Peak 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqxj7qlWeAk

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Do you think from all these Crisis trailers and sneak peeks we could cut-and-paste all the Batwoman action to make our missing episode??????????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

MMMmmmm, Yeah, Naw, Naw, Yeah and more Naw! 

So I guess Nawww!

Remember, CW/DC/WB are still gonna wanna make money from Batwoman and so will be careful not to give away "stitchable chunks".

Still, I'm hoping against hope that soon the "powers that be" will release Crisis .... as a DVD/Blue Ray boxset, which is the only way we will see the complete saga on this side of the Atlantic. 

Crisis on Infinite Earths.jpg

Batwoman.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yep, good idea, as soon as those Crisis Eps have finished showing in the US, get the factories working on a quick to market 5-episode DVD/Blu Ray special!!!!

You know, TV watching shouldn't be so complicated😩

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Thom

You said, "TV watching shouldn't be so complicated", I couldn't agree more but now we do have more choice then we ever did back in the day.  And for this bounty we now have we have to pay with complication.

Still, it is a price worth paying and I can still chill to my sounds:

Currently listening/chilling to:

Zero 7 - Simple Things.jpg

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Check this out PP

CW are going to launch Stargirl in early 2020, but whether Sky/Now TV are going to pick it up is another question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8rzAYp-mNQ

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Considering the whole Batwoman debacle, you've got to wonder if Sky would be keen to give any more big cheques to Warner Media for new CW Shows......let's hope so, but maybe they'll start thinking twice in the future????