cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi again Party People

Here's the final Crisis ... trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwh1koMSlHY

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over at the Sky forums, they're saying we're not even going to get the non-batwoman episodes this month 😕

Anyone got an air date confirmation? 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Batwoman-amp-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths/td-p/3076960/page/2

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Lorquin

I was shocked when I read your post last night, I just couldn't believe it, but like you I also could not find any mention that Crises ... will be shown in the UK this side of the new year.

Miserable Emoji.jpg

I feel we're being short changed.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yes, I'm wondering if Sky One will make us wait until next year before they show any of the Crisis Event????  Although, maybe it's not that bad waiting to show all available episodes in the same week???  AND, if we do have to wait a bit longer to see any of it, could that extra time bring forward a Christmas Miracle and some news about Batwoman appearing in the UK.....or maybe that's just the Eggnog talking???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I feel cheated too, just assumed it would be a day or two delay. I usually only watch Legends but it sounds like a break in UK airing of Arrow and Co. until February is normal.

Problem is this isn't a normal situation!

It might give time for Batwoman to be solved but by then I'll have been properly spoiled by the US internet. I predict a lot of people sailing the high seas... 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Just wanna lay down some of my thoughts (drinking coffee at the moment, may try something harder later on to console myself):

Thom

You know, no one has picked up Batwoman yet, so it's too late for that Christmas miracle, and I now feel that if it is ever picked up it will have to be at a substantial discount. Therefore, it is unlikely  Batwoman will appear in the UK this side of June 2020, long enough for the copyright holders/owners to admit defeat and sell this show at a loss (after all, it's better to make some money than none at all).

Lorquin

Yeah, I think the "eye patch" brigade are going to have a "high time on the high seas" but there is one thing I find astonishing, Sky/Now TV know  how much interest has been generated in the UK by Crisis .... and, it seems, they're going to let all that interested go until about late January or February 2020, that just does not make any sense to me, business or financial.

In the meantime, I will continue to contemplate by listening to my  Rag 'n' Bone Man album  Human

Human (Deluxe).jpg

A deeply serious album.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yikes it is all such a mess involving Crisis isn't it? It really wouldn't surprise me if Netflix or Prime just got Batwoman last minute but that Starzplay service has their eye on DC if you think about it how they swiped Pennyworth up so they could potentially get it?

Nice taste in music, I love that album. 💖

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 

Hi Casey

Yes, it is a mess but it shouldn't be, after all, it's not the first time Sky/Now TV has dealt with CW crossovers.  They seem to have dropped the ball this year, and that for me is unforgivable.

I guess I'll have to wait until the DVD Box set for Criss... is available, whether here or in the US so that I can order it as soon as possible.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Personally if it wasn't for The Flash, I would have dropped all of these shows as all of them are just boring now so I wasn't going to watch Crisis anyway. That's just me though.

The Flash I still love 100%. ☺

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 

Hi again 

For me, I still like all CW's super hero shows, with the exception of Legends but I still watch it.  It's just that CW need to lay off the politics in Supergirl, it's turning away a lot of people from the show.

As you have said before, Flash is still good and has maintained it's fan base, because it is not trying to "beat you over the head" with an unwanted political point, like Supergirl sometimes tries to do.  

However, I'm hoping that CW has learned it's lesson, from Supergirl's falling audience and Batwoman's continually bombing shows, that  heavy handed political messages are not the way to keep your fan base, let alone grow an eager and loyal audience.

UK Bob