cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

I didn't realise that it was only 10 episodes. Doesn't really look like they have much faith in it so far. 

I am actually looking forward to Terminator: Dark Fate. Not sure when I will be able to catch it but I do want to. 

Not to hijack this thread, but have you seen Joker yet? I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and WOW I hope it gets an Oscar. 👍

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 

Hi Casey

No, I've not seen the Joker yet and really had no plans to see it. You see, I don't see entertainment in people with mental illnesses being abused and/or brutalised, even though I do realise this is just a film and, most importantly, a work of fiction.

Sorry Casey, I'm getting too serious again.

However, I hope by the time Joker comes out on DVD I'll be in a better frame of mind to watch it.

As for Terminator: Dark Fate, that's next on my agenda to watch.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy That's fine, I know not everyone is comfortable watching movies like this but I will say, if Joaquin Phoenix does not win a best actor Oscar then there is something seriously wrong. He really researched the heck for this role. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Guys

Just saw this Crisis... extended trailer, and it looks fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0odFSDMHc

Although it's gonna take a long time before we, in the UK, see all five episodes as they were meant to be seen, I'm still anxious to see the four we can.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yes, trailer looks good and as you say, lets enjoy the bits we will be able to watch!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've alway been agaist illegal downloads, as I believe it damages the Film and TV industry, reducing the quantity.

But in this case I'm coming round to it being justified. Why wont anyone from Sky comment on what is going on?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Anstad

The latest news I have about Batwoman, taken from Geektown Radio, is that Sky cannot get the UK rights, which is now in the hands of an unknown party (possibly Warner Media).

=====================================================================

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/22/geektown-radio-224-batwoman-uk-update-the-streaming-wars-tv-news-film-news-uk-air-dates/

The Batwoman specific portion starts at about 20m 08sec into the pod cast.

=====================================================================

I personally suspect that the CW Batwoman series is so bad that no TV network wants to touch it with a barge pole, and there is no way CW/DC/Warner are just going allow the rights to just one episode in the season (S01E09 - Part 2 of Crisis) to be sold off separately.

So I'm guessing it's just business, because no TV company wants a show that cannot keep its target audience, and so loose advertising.  And of course, the company that financed this show want to make a return, and probably a nice profit, on their investment.

Unfortunately, when show producers give creatives free rein you get abominations like that episode of Game of Thrones (S08E03) where some creative decided to coat the entire episode in a brown palette so no one could see what was going on. And of course Batwoman, where every YouTube amateur critic on both sides of the Atlantic are laughing at it for the bad acting and ridiculous scripts.

Anyway, my answer to the forthcoming "Crisis... missing episode problem" is to wait until the DVD comes out, in the meantime watch the 4 out of 5 episodes we will get (if Sky picks up the next season of Legends S05E00 Special Episode - Part 5 of Crisis).

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hey PP

Another actioned packed trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBLrm7xxxlM

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yes, looking good, our 4/5s Crossover is getting nearer and nearer...... can't wait!!!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  

Hi PP

No Crisis ... this time but feast your eyes on Black Widow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhXAaHKzrk

UK Bob