cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CWs DC Shows: Crises on Infinite Earths

@CanaryCry94 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 @mark_suff @commanda6 @gavs82008 @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Super hero fans

First the good news, all the regular CW shows on Sky have been picked and are planned to be shown in the latter part of October, except Legends which will be shown in the new year.

Now the bad, Sky have said that they have no plans to show Batwoman, and as most of you guys know, this show will be the second part of the 5-part Crises on Infinite Earths:-

Supergirl  S05E09 (Part 1)

Batwoman S01E09 (Part 2)

The Flash S06E09 (Part 3)

Arrow S08E08 (Part 4)

Legends of Tomorrow S05E?? (Part 5)

So guys, if there is no "Part 2" how can we have a 5-part Crises?

BTW, here's the URL I got most of the info from:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/10/08/sky-one-sets-october-premiere-dates-for-supergirl-s5-the-flash-s6-arrow-s8/

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I've been keeping my eye on the Geektown website religiously in recent times to see what might (or might not) be happening with Batwoman and a pick-up for UK television and it really does now seem like we could be missing out........ with the consequence indeed of a rather messed up Crossover.

Now, unless Sky and the folk selling Batwoman are in the middle of a Brexit-esq stand-off (and we all know how well those go) and it will all come good very very soon, we may just all have to imagine what goes on in Part 2 of the Crossover (or at least read the text description of the episode on Wikipedia)....... and how many of the returning stars / special guests might only pop-up in that episode never to be seen on these shores (until we get the DVD)??????

If Sky One don't pick-up Batwoman, it doesn't really seem like anyone else is going to step in....... and I'm guessing we may have reached the breaking point that was always likely to come??  How many Arrowverse spin-offs can the CW churn out before Sky One start to say "no more"?????  We can be disappointed if Sky One don't take it, but I'm guessing they may have reached their limit??

It will be interesting to see what does happen going forward.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It would’ve made life extremely interesting but then Sky as a company obviously has a really good relationship with both Warner Bros television and the CW network.

I mean (even though this show is on NBC in the US) and Sky Witness over here there is also Blindspot, So the relationship can’t be that bad with WB television, maybe the people in charge of content at Sky don’t see the value of having Batwoman on Sky One due to blowback and negativity.

I’ll just be happy if the show finds a home as long as it’s not on any of the five terrestrial channels (And all the channels associated with, although that’s for personally selfish reasons) I really don’t care.

As I’ve said in a previous comment ultimately if Sky decide not to proceed with obtaining Batwoman then I’m more than happy for it to go to Netflix or Prime Video, especially Netflix considering they already have (as I’ve mentioned before) international distribution rights for Black Lightning.

I’m thinking we might get the Pierce family in the Arrowverse after Crisis (That’s more of a hope/wishful thinking though).

I just hope this isn’t a sign to come however, especially since Greg Berlanti and all the producers are looking to do an Arrow spin-off set in 2040 to do with the Canary Network.

A back door pilot for the show has been set up in an episode of Arrow in this coming final season.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

A couple of 'behind the scene' pictures from the coming CW crossover.

Flash, Superman and Kingdom Come Superman

Flash & 2 Supermen.jpg

Flash and Black Lightning

Black Lightning & Flash.jpg

This actually means that for the first time BL will be in this year's crossover, although it will probably be for a very brief moment.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a similar story with the "Chicago" franchise.  The crossover episodes don't work in the UK, with Fire on Sky, Med on Universal and PD on 5, broadcast at different times of the year. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well that’s a cluster how does that work when you add SVU in the mix (where applicable)
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Just came across this story and, to tell you the truth, I don't know whether it's true or just click bait.

First, the picture (artist rendition):

Crisis on Infinite Earths - Tom Ellis - Lucifer.jpg

According to Screen Rant, Lucifer (Tom Ellis) will appear on Crisis.....

Here's the URL:

https://screenrant.com/crisis-infinite-earths-cw-arrowverse-lucifer-tom-ellis/

Here's another story on how they're going to get Michael Keaton's Batman to also appear in  Crisis.....

Bruce Wayne - Michael Kearon.jpg

And the URL:

https://heroichollywood.com/michael-keaton-crisis-on-infinite-earths-batman-photo/

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will just have to wait-and-see, me personally I won’t be watching any of the Arrowverse until all the crisis episodes have aired that way I can just binge watch everything up to that point.

Then hopefully before the end of the year we’ll get some information on who is picked up Batwoman, I am appreciating the fan service that the producers and writers are going through for crisis.

This is shaping up to be a really good crossover but I’m also being cautiously optimistic because apart from flash versus arrow and crisis on Earth X, if you want to include it worlds finest they have been my favourite crossovers and everything else in my opinion has been pretty meh
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well TGG

My favourite crossover, excluding the Flash and Arrow ones, was last year's ElesWorlds, and I still enjoy it even though I've seen it about 4 times now.

And what surprises me, this  crossover was very much better without the Legends.

Anyway, like you, I look forward to a complete 5 part crossover this year and if not the follow up DVD.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this mean you'll be showing season 15 of Supernatural too? you would make the SPN community here in good old blighty so very happy 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well newbie CJ

I'm not Now TV or a fan of Supernatural, although my son is and has bought all the DVDs, including the animé ones, so far.

Whether Now TV has any plans for showing Supernatural  is completely unknown to me, or any other Now TV customer, until they start to advertise their future programming.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am so sorry @ukbobby this is the first time i have used a forum like this
and i must have read your post wrong as i thought you were informing from
the network. I do apologise and hope i csn be forgiven for the
misunderstanding.
Calamity