cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost pass price rise.

I have been a customer with now tv for 3 years on and off, the boost pass is an good idea but I'm not happy with the price going from £3 to £5 I'm not interested in the kids channel's what so ever so why do I have to pay for them??? I think its time to look around and get my steaming servis from somewhere else.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@starman73 

Plus there is a lot of Fox Movies that are currently leaving to Disney Plus or about to leave in the coming months. Alien Franchise for example 

With Amazon buying MGM that is one less Movie company who will license there films to Now I imagine as well. Still surprised that NBC haven't managed to get all of there Dreamworks films properly on the service yet. Was expecting Kung Fu Panda and How to Train your dragon full franchises much sooner.

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Limiting non-boost customers to 1 stream is a massive own-goal. I've been watching sport on Now tv for maybe 10 years, often watching 2 channels at the same time. To be honest, it's unlikely i would pay for sport anymore anyway. Pretty much lost interest in football since all the VAR, diving, empty stadiums and the ESL debacle. Also, i've finally given up betting after 30 years of betting on every match i watch, so the constant flow of gambling adverts on Sky Sports really irritates me. I like watching the golf majors, but i'm not paying full whack just for those. But if i was still a regular sports pass subscriber, or considered getting a pass next season, only being able to have 1 stream would kill that thought from my mind stone dead. 

As for Sky Cinema, it depends on your situation. I had an offer of £5.99 a month and found i wasn't watching anything at all on it, so i cancelled even at that price. I have about five times more movies on blu ray and dvd than are on Sky Cinema. Also i have no interest at all in superhero movies, which seem to make up a huge percentage of the movies on there. If you don't have a large dvd collection, it no doubt is more appealing. It's hard for any streaming service that concentrates on just movies, as most films these days can't really compete with watching cats playing in cardboard boxes on youtube. And everything truly great, has already been made. Every genre imaginable has at least 5 movies that are so perfect, anything new can't even hope to compete with. Unless it's a once in a lifetime masterpiece like JoJo Rabbit. Or a blast of a musical like The Greatest Showman. Most new films actually worth watching these days are animated ones and we all know who has that area sewn up with a big red bow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Boost payments are on the 17th of each month. Last Tuesday, 15th June, I accepted an offer of £1 per month for 3 months. On the 17th June, £1 was correctly taken from my credit card.

However, my account is now saying that the next payment due on 17th July will be £3 - shown as £5 with a £2 discount. I'm sure that I didn't misread the offer - I'm certain that it was £1 per month for 3 months, and not a £2 discount for 3 months.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Live chat with support isn't working at the moment.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought the £1 per month Boost for 3 months should be fixed for the full three month duration of the offer, irrespective of a Boost price increase.

Possibly a glitch with the NOW software.

With regards to live chat, try a different internet browser or another device with a browser on it.

Hopefully NOW live chat will sort it out for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Strange - despite the Now Live Chat still saying:

"Live Chat

Sorry, we’re not online right now. Chat 8am-midnight for TV issues."

a change of browser from Firefox to Chromium did resolve the issue.

They said that the offer is called "UK_3M_2GBP_OFF_BOOST_PASS", so gives £2 off of the current £3 price = £1, (as I was charged last week). However I pointed out that Boost goes up to £5 on 15th July, and it is currently showing in my account as next payment is £5 - £2 = £3. They basically said ignore that and to go back to them if I am charged incorrectly next month, so I'll keep an eye on it.