cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost pass price rise.

I have been a customer with now tv for 3 years on and off, the boost pass is an good idea but I'm not happy with the price going from £3 to £5 I'm not interested in the kids channel's what so ever so why do I have to pay for them??? I think its time to look around and get my steaming servis from somewhere else.

14 REPLIES 14
starman73
Elite

Worse than that as by not having boost you will drop from 3 streams to 1 stream from mid-July.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only had now tv on my firestick anyway that's not the problem. The problem is there trying to charge me for content I will never use. So I've cancelled my membership for now hopfully in the future now will sort there acts out.

chai
Scholar 3

720p and one stream as standard! It's obvious that Comcast has no interest in NOW TV and plans to extract as much money from its users as possible before shutting it down. 

Maybe the long promised Sky TV without a dish service is about to be announced, and these changes will make that service look like a more attractive option than NOW TV? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really hope so that would be a much better option I have never had a problem with now tv but I'm not paying for channels I'll never use 

Amiga1200
Scholar 2

I got the email about this recently. Currently I have long term offers on movies and entertainment which I now see were precursors to the Boost price rise. They constantly have customers on retention offers so reducing the cinema price means nothing. They are going to start clawing back the offer discounts by putting it on boost. When it goes up in price I'll click cancel to see if there's a retention offer. If there's not then I'll probably cancel the entertainment package to offset it. The movies on NowTV are generally better than other services but the entertainment I only have as its discounted. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Amiga1200 

Amiga

Since this new company took over Now TV and rebranded it NOW there has been marked changes in the offers being made available, i.e. no longer general but more targeted. Which I believe is a subtle way of raising prices, along with ditching the unprofitable kid's channel and putting up Boost.

The cut in Cinema membership is possibly due to NOW trying to attract new and re-attract lost customers, the original price hike was not that popular.

I guess, what I am actually saying is, this new company has a new philosophy along with new policies, which is aimed at growing itself into a bigger more profitable entity, maybe like Netflix and/or Amazon, i.e. that's the American way.

So as customers we can either stick with it or move on.

Sorry, I'm being a bit fatalistic.

UK Bob

Amiga1200
Scholar 2

I generally think NowTv is pretty good value compared to the full satellite sky package. I just think the Boost increase is them realising that long term customers know how to get the offers so don't generally pay the standard price. If they push up the boost price and stop discounting it, the discounts on the entertainment and movies are eroded. Its like they say hey you're a good customer so when  your current entertainment offer ends we'll keep it going for a whole 6 months. Then before it kicks in they increase the price of boost.

The cheaper cinema price will attract new customers in the short term but the boost increase may cause long term customers to cut back what they have.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep if I need to pay to watch on devices it looks like either no now tv or will have to lose one of the packages, disapointing but i cannot budget for both.  Netflix looking more attractive now.

starman73
Elite

The [price] cut in Cinema membership is possibly due to NOW trying to attract new and re-attract lost customers, the original price hike was not that popular.

I would say the price cut is about losing so many films to Disney plus and not replacing them with anything of equivalent quality.  Also the lack of new movies in last 15 months.

As it stands, Sky Cinema is probably 4th in overall quality of movies. Prime, Disney Plus and Netflix are all superior.  Hard to justify charging more than each and every one of them.   I stopped my Sky Cinema a fortnight ago.