cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Barry season 2 please.

The season 2 of Barry was previously hosted on NowTV. Can we please have it again? I've just discovered Barry season 1,only to learn that you have only just removed season 2. A little strange, I'm sure you have your capitalist reasons, but for the good of the people, please just let us watch both seasons? After all, we already pay your wages xxx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah, Chernobyl was instantly binge-able! I understand what you're saying about the availability and price. Just a shame as I find Barry to be the most addictive and interesting programme I've seen of late and it's a little bit of a shame that I've only just discovered it to then to find the 2nd series was only just removed 😒

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You also pay for the programmes that NowTV brings you, and NowTV has to balance what is available, what it costs, and how to bring NowTV subscribers, overall, the best bang for their buck.

In the case of first run Seasons, like Barry Season 2, NowTV get to show the programmes before anybody else, and they can stay on catchup for 30 days, but after that, other broadcasters get a go.

With Barry Season 1 , that has already happened, and the price has dropped, so NowTV can afford to have it available as a Box Set, and available for quite a while.

No doubt Barry Season 2 will come back as a Box Set in due course.

And as for capitalism versus other economic strategies, have you watched Chernobyl yet? 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah, Chernobyl was instantly binge-able! I understand what you're saying about the availability and price. Just a shame as I find Barry to be the most addictive and interesting programme I've seen of late and it's a little bit of a shame that I've only just discovered it to then to find the 2nd series was only just removed 😒
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I was more thinking that Chernobyl (the event, not the programme) was perhaps the product of an alternative to capitalism 🙂

Capitalism has been described as a terrible financial system, but one where the alternatives are even more terrible....

By the way, you’re supposed to mark my posting as an answer, not your own Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was disappointed to see no Season 2..even more disappointed to hear it was available then taken down . 

Seems a bit tacticie to me..

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When the latest Season of a programme is shown on NowTV, first run, it can only stay on catchup until 30 days after the last episode is shown.

Them’s the rules that Sky/NowTV must abide by in their contractual relationship with the programme makers.

Later on, it can come back as a box set, on a different arrangement, which is how Barry 1 is being supplied.

Barry 2 will turn up in the Box Sets, in time; maybe when Barry 3 comes out, or when it would have come out if they had carried on making it.