cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Expert 3

Re: Arrowverse Shows Renewed

@commanda6

Someone likes their Gotham fix........lets hope they don't cancel it or this forum might explode!!!!

Hopefully as Black Lightning is not a Netflix original it will get a DVD/Blu-ray release in good time...... I'm keen to give it a go, but Netflix is not on my radar, yet.

0 Thanks
commanda6 Legend 5
Legend 5

Virtually all Netflix original to get home video releases @Thom77 . They just tend to come there are two after a particular season has been shown on Netflix. 

The term 'Netflix original' is a bit misleading because it's used in two different circumstances. It is used to describe shows which Netflix themselves have had a hand in producing as well as shows that Netflix has exclusive streaming rights for in a particular territory . So for example in the UK. Netflix describes Black lightning as a Netflix original, but I believe it's shown by one of the major broadcasters/TV networks in the US. I'm not sure which one. It would be better if Netflix started using the term 'Netflix exclusive' for shows which they have exclusive streaming rights for but haven't had a hand in producing.

And don't even get me started on the use of HD as a generic term both Netflix and Amazon are guilty of thisSmiley Mad 

Sky/NowTV actually do things a bit better because they only use term 'sky original'when sky themselves has a hand in producing something so it's not quite as confusing where sky/now TV is concerned , and the sky stuff always gets released on home video as well

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 Interesting, I didn't know that about the crossover home release!

No I never gave Legion a go precisely for the reason you mention, nobody seems to know what the heck is going on! My little brain can't cope with too many complicated shows in one go, so I've never found the empty time to give Legion a go, I might tank up on real ale and give the first episode a go and see how many swear words I come out with...

Funny I could always keep track of everyone in Lost but these days give me simple TV shows anyday! 😄

Thom77
Expert 3

@commanda6

Thanks for that explanation..... I was just assuming that 'Netflix Original' was for the shows they had a hand in making just for them and these were the shows that would take time to filter down to DVD (I'm keen on seeing Stranger Things, but would have no idea when DVD would appear)....... and then you had the shows they just bought in from others and these would quickly come to DVD in normal time.

0 Thanks
Thom77
Expert 3

@Andy

I'm sure when the full crossover event wasn't on my season 5 Arrow DVD I went investigating and found this....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invasion-Crossover-DVD-Grant-Gustin/dp/B073V9DGPM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&...

I'm sure we'll also get a stand alone X-Crisis Earth DVD in due course (or whatever the crossover was called this season).

caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andywrote:

Thanks @commanda6 that's good to know, I'd wait until the whole series is done before watching as I dip in and out of Netflix rather than subscribe continuously so I'll grab it later in the year. It does look good and I imagine it's in a similar style to the other CW shows 👍

@Andy You'll make an exception for the next Rick and Morty, oui? 😉

when it eventually happens..... 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

Hi Guys.

Black Lightning is certainly worth a watch. I'm not the biggest Arrowverse nut around here so probably not as serious as some of you when it comes down to it.

Thom77
Expert 3

@Andy@caseyb1993@commanda6@robert1997@Lindzi

Something that might be of interest to us all - to varying degrees - in relation to the Arrowverse shows, Batwoman and Gotham City.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/05/17/the-arrowverse-add-batwoman-in-next-seasons-crossover/

Should be an interesting crossover story ahead?????

So Just watched the Crossover episodes (Crisis on Earth X) and Part 4 isnt there because they have uploaded Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 yet..... its been 2 months since last episode. They have uptodate Arrow and Flash So why not the Missing Piece? This is the main reason why i gave up with NowTV few years back. They never think about what they are uploading.

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Huggythepanda Welcome to the community. Unfortuntately Legends of Tomorrow was on 30 day catch-up so each episode expired 30 days after first airing, so now all the episodes have left. The other Arrowverse shows all have extended catch-up rights so they remain on until the displayed expiry date. Not sure why they couldn't get extended rights for Legends but you'll need to wait for the boxset to appear at some point in the future.

0 Thanks