cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arrowverse Shows Renewed

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

72 REPLIES 72
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

Again, thanks for that information.  I kinda knew that Season 8 would be Arrow's last, especially as Stephen Amell has done 7 seasons on the trot, and which is usually when an actor's starring role ends. But as mentioned before, the upcoming Crises On Infinite Earths is going to be a definite game changer, and Mr Amell is going to go out on a big Universe changing BANG.

I also believe that CW might slot the new Batwoman series in to pick up the end of the season but, as mentioned in the article, no decision has been confirmed yet.

However, I do hope that Arrow will still pop up in the other Arrowverse shows from time to time and I also hope that they work out the logistics to have Black Lightning appear as well.

Finally, as said before, I hope that Legends of Tomorrow picks up soon, either that of gets dropped because turning it into a comedy is the worst of all options.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

It sort of makes sense that it is coming to an end and you could sort of see it coming as the Arrow himself (Stephen Amell) was spending less and less time as the actual Arrow in recent seasons..... he was scaling back his hours as he planned for retirement!!! There is only so many times you can put other folk in the suit before you need to end it!!  You'd sort of assume he might pop-up in the Arrowverse from time to time and maybe some of the other characters will get hoovered up by the Legends?????

Yes, the Batwoman series still to be fully greenlit, but you'd sort of think it will now slot in to this Arrow sized gap??

Would also be interesting to see Black Lightning worked in as well.......... I still haven't seen any Black Lightning yet (just waiting for season 1 blu-ray to come down in price before I jump in)...... how does Black Lightning compare to the other Arrowverse shows, would you recommend giving it a watch????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Thom

You know, I would give any CW super hero show a watch, so yes, give it a go.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993  @Andy @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Have you seen this BatWoman teaser, CW says the show is coming soon, Oh Yeah.

Oh Yeah.jpg

UK Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMu7Dmib9PE

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yes, looking forward to it.......... BUT, it better come to Sky One and not Netflix!!!!!!!! 

Surely Sky One is favourite to get it??????

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

You know Guys

I wonder when Batwoman get's aired on CW, will they do a World's Finest team up episode with Supergirl?

As hinted at here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6XN3e6uIA

UK Bob

World's Finest is the name of a DC super hero team up comic, usually between Batman and Superman.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

Guys

You just gotta check out this new Batwoman trailer, it's the bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s1Gld-LHew

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Batwoman trailer looks cool........ again, can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Also, check this article on geektown:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/05/17/post-upfronts-round-up-the-renewals-cancellations-pickups-from...

If you go several paragraphs down the page it does a piece on the CW Arrowverse shows......  it talks about how all five shows will be involved with the Major Crossover next season, BUT, it does also say that the Crossover this year will be on either side of the Xmas break!!!!!!!!  Hence, we weren't keen last year when the Crossover went over a weekend in the UK, looks like there might be a few weeks gap in the Crossover action this time around......... depending I suppose on how Sky One show it???????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Thom

You know, I had heard that "Crisis On Infinite Earths" is going to be a 5 part - 5 hour special  but the YouTuber who explained this did not know how the episodes were going to be split. Personally, I thought the split would be during the Thanks giving/Christmas  period but had no idea which shows would be on what side of the holiday divide.

However, GeekTown has now cleared that up.

Mind you Thom, I am somewhat disappointed that Black Lightning, or even his daughter Thunder, will not appear in the crossover.  I'm guessing that as Black Lightning is filmed in mainland US, and all the other are filmed in Canada, CW are still unable to make the logistics work.

As for Sky's plans for this massive crossover, it's unknown for the moment but, I guess, it would be stupid (almost commercial suicide) not to use CW's methodology to take advantage of this potential advertising bonanza.

Anyway, just like you, I can't wait until the new season of the CW shows start.

UK Bob

PS. I still think Legends has outlived it's purpose and is just not getting the necessary resources from CW to continue on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Just as you mention Black Lightning........ I bought the season one Blu-ray a couple of months ago and I've still to start watching it....... I must get on to that soon!!!!!!!

Yes, we're not quite finished with our current Arrowverse seasons and we already can't wait for the next ones....... I suppose October is only 5 months away!!!!!