cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arrowverse Shows Renewed

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Story from Geektown showing all our Arrowverse shows have been renewed!!!!!!!!

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/01/31/the-cw-renews-the-entire-arrowverse-plus-black-lightning-river...

We were previously worried about Arrow, but it does make it to an eigth season.  Looks like any new Batwoman series will add to the series instead of replacing one.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

Hi Thom

Thanks for that bit of info, I was thinking that Arrow may get the chop because the original 7 year contract was coming to an end. However, the upcoming Crises On Infinite Earths was a definite game changer when it came to the future of our favourite CW superheroes.

Still, I do have one reservation and that is CW's new Batwoman series, and her possible involvement in Crises On Infinite Earths, I don't believe Ruby Rose has the acting chops to pull it off. She comes across as somewhat wooden and devoid of any ability to be expressive.

I say this because I was watching "The Passage", which is similar in "build up" to The Strain, and I thought that the facial expressive quality of the lead young actress (Saniyya Sidney playing Amy Bellafonte) was so good it put most of the adult actors to shame. This then made me think how wooden Ruby Rose was, as Batwoman, in the last CW cross over.

Saying that, I also believe that Legends of Tomorrow's time should be up as it's never managed to fulfil it's potential, except when they were up against the Legion of Doom (aka Merlin, Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk). Apart from those shows, and the cross overs, Legends has been a poor runner up to the others CW offerings. And from what I've seen of this season, they are trying to turn Legends into a comedy show, that for me is a sure sign it's Doomed, even though it's been renewed for a fifth season.

Sorry if I have come across as bit down on Batwoman and Legends but if the forthcoming BW is directed properly and LoT gets better villains to battle then these shows will be just as good as the other Arrowverse shows.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

Hi again Thom

You know, I've just finished watching the three CW Elseworlds episodes again and, apart from really enjoying them, I think I was a bit harsh about Ruby Rose's acting, i.e. it's not as wooden as I first thought.

Whereas her acting is not memorable, and will work in small doses, I am somewhat skeptical that she will be able to carry an entire season as the central focus.

However, I could be wrong and I wish CW's Batwoman series every success when it finally appears on our screens.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Because of my shocking memory I will be rewatching those pre-break Arrowverse shows again before they start again in a few weeks and this will no doubt include the Crossover event........ my main complaint about Batwoman and the Crossover was that she didn't seem to be in it for that long..... a bit under used possibly?????  If after all that they didn't give her her own series it would have been quite the fuss about nothing!!!!  What I saw of her I thought was OK and we'll see how well it goes when the full show lands.

Personally, I'm easily pleased and seem to like all my Arrowverse stuff equally (don't really know how I'd rank them if pushed), but yes, DCs Legends does seem to be going more for laughs than the others... good thing or bad thing, who knows???  If they all keep getting renewals, I'm happy.

Good to see that you've also found The Passage...... also watching that one myself....... I'm enjoying it so far and the young actress is certainly one of the early stars.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So Just watched the Crossover episodes (Crisis on Earth X) and Part 4 isnt there because they have uploaded Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 yet..... its been 2 months since last episode. They have uptodate Arrow and Flash So why not the Missing Piece? This is the main reason why i gave up with NowTV few years back. They never think about what they are uploading.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Unfortuntately Legends of Tomorrow was on 30 day catch-up so each episode expired 30 days after first airing, so now all the episodes have left. The other Arrowverse shows all have extended catch-up rights so they remain on until the displayed expiry date. Not sure why they couldn't get extended rights for Legends but you'll need to wait for the boxset to appear at some point in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anybody knows if/when the Arrowverse shows will be returning to Now TV. Since the Christmas break they've returned to US TV I believe as I've looked up online, however they've not returned to Now TV a little help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! 

Thanks! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

The Flash Returns on Thursday 28th February to Sky One...... Supergirl is back on 4th March......Arrow back on 5th March......DCs Legends back on 10th April.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant, thanks! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

You may have seen this already......... Arrow has made it to season 8, but won't go much further.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/03/06/arrow-to-end-with-final-10-episode-season-8-in-the-autumn/

As the article suggests, maybe Arrows demise will have something to do with next seasons major Crossover???