cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arrowverse Shows Renewed

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Must admit, it would be a show that I would be keen to see as well and looking forward to it already even though it's not more that a script at present.  Would be gutted if it went to Netflix (don't have it) rather than Sky One...... seems like it will be more of a crossover with the other four Arrowverse shows than Black Lightning was, so Netflix can have their Black Lightning, BUT Sky One need to pull out all the stops for this one so they can seemlessly broadcast all five together as there is bound to be crossovers (although the way E4 are going with acquisitions they might be an outside bet).  Surely Sky One are due buy four get the fifth free!!!!!!!

I was also wondering myself about who could play her........ don't know if you watch S.H.I.E.L.D, but if you do, what about that actress Dove Cameron who played Ruby..... that was a cool character before she was killed off??????  Or is she a bit young.... what age should Batwoman be????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I was thinking Maisie Williams, but she's a bit short! Sophie Turner would look more the part, but she's a bit bland acting-wise, so maybe some genetic splicing of the two? Isabelle Fuhrman would also be very kooky. That's probably more Batgirl though so guessing Batwoman is older I reckon (not that GoT is influencing my decision in the slightest) Gwendoline Christie would be a good choice - very powerful and athletic looking and able to deliver all the snarky Bat-lines. I doubt the budget will stretch to any of those choices tho, so will be interesting to see who they do go with!! Let's hope it's not someone from Glee again!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

I had the exact same thought about dipping in to the Glee pool..... but there can't be too many more Glee folk that aren't dead, in jail, have criminal records, can't act or are unsullied in some way????  I don't mind admitting that I quite liked Glee, but yes, time to look elsewhere.

Yes, you are quite heavy on the GoT folk and I think you might be right in saying they could be out of reach.

What about Eliza Dushku or Tatiana Maslany??????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

OK Guys

Let's talk crossover:-

1) I am sure that those CW guys have already got their eyes on the actress they want for Batwoman, odds are in favour of an actress from CW's "Archie" series, they like to keep things in the family.

2) I would also like to see Black Lightning in the forthcoming crossover but, as far as I can find out, there has been no mention of using that character. However, I think that an Arrow and Black Lightning team up would be a much better fit than teaming up or crossing over with any of the other CW heroes.

3) Just a thought, in the last episode of the Flash, Barry Allen's daughter from the future, Nora Allen, crashes the West's baby's coming home party and announces that she "has messed up". This would be a great time to get the Legends involved, especially since Wally West has also turned up for the party and can easily get hold of his time-travelling compatriots. 

4) Finally, I agree that CW are probably trying out Batwoman to see if they can make a series or two out of the character but they will have to be very creative with her back story. Because she is not independently wealthy like Bruce Wayne and so cannot hope to maintain a well stocked utility belt, has no special powers other than her army training and so cannot really bring anything to the vigilante table.

I guess we'll have to see what answers CW comes up with.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy @Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Guys

I've just learned that CW are actually working on a Batwoman series, which they plan to broadcast in 2019. However, they are going to use the crossover planned for later this year to introduce this new member of the Bat family.

Bat Symbol.jpg

UK Bob

PS. This story has not yet been confirmed by CW but by a reliable source "close to".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

I'd also recently read about the Batwoman show in development from a story on Geektown.....

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/07/17/batwoman-series-in-development-at-the-cw/

Sounds like interesting times ahead for our Arrowverse favourites and just how it is all going to come together...... and can't wait until this crossover when it comes later in the year.  Our yearly crossovers are becoming series in their own rights!!!!

You just wonder how Greg Berlanti and his team have enough time to produce all these shows and whether another new show might mean the end is nearer for one of our existing Arrowverse shows????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Thom

First, I totally agree with everything in your post because I too am a fan of the Arrowverse and, like you, look forward to the yearly crossovers.

However, I deliberately kept one piece of info that I came across from my original post because I didn't really want to think about it, but you asked, "...how Greg Berlanti and his team [will] have enough time to produce all these shows and whether another new show might mean the end is nearer for one of our existing Arrowverse shows?"

OK, Arrow is coming to the end of it's contractual seven year run and, since it's ratings are falling in the US, it is more than likely that there will not be an eighth year for this show.

So I believe the long term plan is that Batwoman will take Arrow's place in the CW/DC line up, based on what I've  recently seen, but this does not mean that the Arrow himself will not pop-up from time to time as a guest star in shows that are still running.

But I must stress that the above is still unconfirmed speculation and Greg Berlanti and his team may decide to go another way.

Still, if the Arrow is not going to have an eighth season then will they still call their line up of shows the Arrowverse, change it to the Bat Universe or something else entirely?

I guess we'll see.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

How can the Arrowverse lose its....... Arrow..... lets hope a new name is not required for a while yet.  For some reason I was thinking Supergirl might be the casualty, not sure why, maybe those production issues from last year made me think it was in trouble??

I do remember from a while back reading a story that for season 7, Arrow was getting a new showrunner as lots of folk had been unhappy with the way the show had been going lately????  so maybe a new boss will give it the boost to get to season 8??  If any of our favourite Arrowverse shows do get the chop, you always have DCs Legends to mop up the characters folk like (unless of course that show went first??).

Interesting times ahead....... and it really can't be too long until the Batwoman is announced as she'll be needed for that crossover.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Thom

First, let me enlighten you a bit, you mentioned, "...maybe those production issues from last year made me think it [Supergirl] was in trouble??" 

The person who caused those "production difficulties" with female members of the production team is now gone (sacked) and CW had to undergo some emergency reorganisation.

So you now see that "production difficulties" was code for !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say no more.

Later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

I had heard about both those stories regarding Supergirl..... hadn't realised they were basically the same story...... makes more sense now.

Many thanks.