cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arrowverse Shows Renewed

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

72 REPLIES 72
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Yes, Black lightning is good . Not as good as Gotham but I would still recommend that it is good enough to binge watchSmiley Happy some might possibly say it starts off a bit slow in the first episode, but after that speeds up quickly , so I suggest trying to binge watch up to the latest episode, but remember only one new episode is added per week, so after  you you've caught up you won't be able to binge watch.

As for Gotham's ratings going down , it seems that some of our American cousins. obviously don't know good entertainment when it's right in front of them. Smiley LOL ratings stuff always makes me laugh, particularly for American shows because what the Americans seem to forget is that for a lot of the shows. Overseas contracts have been drawn up which allows a particular show to be shown in countries outside the US .  I'm pretty sure that for a lot of these cases, broadcasters from overseas will pay money on a per season basis. So if a program like Gotham is cancelled before it's time. It means the US networks and rights holders will make less money from the overseas viewing contracts. So when they make their decision. They should do it based on the average ratings of all the territories in which a program is shown and not just the US ratings. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @commanda6 that's good to know, I'd wait until the whole series is done before watching as I dip in and out of Netflix rather than subscribe continuously so I'll grab it later in the year. It does look good and I imagine it's in a similar style to the other CW shows 👍

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andywrote:

Thanks @commanda6 that's good to know, I'd wait until the whole series is done before watching as I dip in and out of Netflix rather than subscribe continuously so I'll grab it later in the year. It does look good and I imagine it's in a similar style to the other CW shows 👍

@Andy You'll make an exception for the next Rick and Morty, oui? 😉

when it eventually happens..... 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys.

Black Lightning is certainly worth a watch. I'm not the biggest Arrowverse nut around here so probably not as serious as some of you when it comes down to it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

Someone likes their Gotham fix........lets hope they don't cancel it or this forum might explode!!!!

Hopefully as Black Lightning is not a Netflix original it will get a DVD/Blu-ray release in good time...... I'm keen to give it a go, but Netflix is not on my radar, yet.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Virtually all Netflix original to get home video releases @Anonymous User . They just tend to come there are two after a particular season has been shown on Netflix. 

The term 'Netflix original' is a bit misleading because it's used in two different circumstances. It is used to describe shows which Netflix themselves have had a hand in producing as well as shows that Netflix has exclusive streaming rights for in a particular territory . So for example in the UK. Netflix describes Black lightning as a Netflix original, but I believe it's shown by one of the major broadcasters/TV networks in the US. I'm not sure which one. It would be better if Netflix started using the term 'Netflix exclusive' for shows which they have exclusive streaming rights for but haven't had a hand in producing.

And don't even get me started on the use of HD as a generic term both Netflix and Amazon are guilty of thisSmiley Mad 

Sky/NowTV actually do things a bit better because they only use term 'sky original'when sky themselves has a hand in producing something so it's not quite as confusing where sky/now TV is concerned , and the sky stuff always gets released on home video as well

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

Thanks for that explanation..... I was just assuming that 'Netflix Original' was for the shows they had a hand in making just for them and these were the shows that would take time to filter down to DVD (I'm keen on seeing Stranger Things, but would have no idea when DVD would appear)....... and then you had the shows they just bought in from others and these would quickly come to DVD in normal time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@caseyb1993@commanda6@Anonymous User@Lindzi

Something that might be of interest to us all - to varying degrees - in relation to the Arrowverse shows, Batwoman and Gotham City.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/05/17/the-arrowverse-add-batwoman-in-next-seasons-crossover/

Should be an interesting crossover story ahead?????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Anonymous User@caseyb1993@commanda6@Lindzi

Noted in this thread previously that the Arrowverse shows later this year with their new seasons would be doing the big crossover event with Batwoman...... looks like this might now spawn a Batwoman series at The CW???????

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/07/17/batwoman-series-in-development-at-the-cw/

Who knows, if it does make production there could be a good chance of it ending up on Sky One with the rest of the Arrowverse...... four days a week of Arrowverse just isn't enough, five sounds better...... although maybe not such good news if you're not a big fan!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I did see that and I think it's great, especially with Gotham ending next year this show should keep the Gotham flag flying and hopefully let us see some of our favourite batvillains making a reimagined appearance on the small screen! She's also going to be an openly gay superhero which will be very interesting to see how it's handled (CW did a good job with Alex in Supergirl so high hopes). Might end up going to Netflix as they bought up Black Lightning but we will see!

Who do we think would make a great Batwoman?