cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arrowverse Shows Renewed

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

72 REPLIES 72
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-crazy-ex-girlfriend-jane-the-virgin/

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

I'm also keeping an eye on whether Gotham gets renewed for a fifth season from what I've read so far it looks like it is going to be renewed, but nothing's been confirmed yet. @Anonymous User . Can you keep an eye on Gotham as well, and whether it gets renewed just in case I miss something. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

I think we're at that time of year when all the renewal news starts to filter through...... if I spot anything about Gotham season 5, I'll get it posted.

Surely season 5 is in the bag????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The latest seems to be that season 5 is likely providing they can schedule a better slot for it. In the US it moved to Thursdays which has saw a dip in ratings http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/12/gotham-renewal-season-5-fox-hopeful/

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @commanda6 Anybody been watching Black Lightning? Any good? Stephen Amell is apparently keen on doing a crossover with the Arrowverse.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@commanda6@Anonymous User

Unfortunately I don't have Netflix so can't watch Black Lightning, even though I would have been very keen to watch, so I might need to hope that it gets a DVD release in a timely fashion (and not years down the line).  I wonder if Sky One were also in for it??  they already have Monday to Thursday sorted with Arrowverse, so they could have filled that Friday slot (in fact, two more new shows and they could fill the whole week)

I'm sure when Black Lightning came out they said they had no immediate plans for a crossover, even though they are in the same universe, but we all know that it will happen at some point....... it just won't be that easy to follow given the two different homes for the shows.

I'm very well sure Mr Amell would love a crossover...... a new show in our universe, a possible five-way crossover, another zero on my pay cheque, yes please!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah the crossovers are already getting a little unwieldy with 4 shows, it only needs Sky to drop one of them to stick the spanner in the works for us UK viewers. There must be quite a few viewers who only watch one or two of the shows so sticking the crossovers in the middle of each show can cause confusion, especially when each show is already in the middle of their own plot arcs.

I don't know why they don't make it separate from the series and instead have a separate little mini-series of say 4 or 5 eps with a crossover story, stick it in the midseason break when everything else leaves. Then people can take it or leave it.

Looking forward to Marvel's Runaways turning up on SyFy 18th April, I'm hoping it will be a fun undemanding watch like The Gifted was. With Westworld on its way I don't need anymore over complicated TV shows to keep track of!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Before I was up to date with all my Arrowverse and watching them live on Sky One I had to catch-up on Arrow via DVD and when I bought season 5 Arrow DVD they didn't give you the full crossover episodes from all shows (in that season)...... the crossover event seemed to have its own DVD release, so in relation to your idea of a standalone crossover, they've done that in the money making DVD sector if not the broadcast field.

I also spotted that Marvel's Runaways show coming to SYFY and will definitely give it a go as it does look like a bit of fun...... I too will use it to ease the brain after Westworld, BUT also after watching the returning Legion on Fox....... don't know if you watched it, I enjoyed it, but have no idea what was going on!!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Interesting, I didn't know that about the crossover home release!

No I never gave Legion a go precisely for the reason you mention, nobody seems to know what the heck is going on! My little brain can't cope with too many complicated shows in one go, so I've never found the empty time to give Legion a go, I might tank up on real ale and give the first episode a go and see how many swear words I come out with...

Funny I could always keep track of everyone in Lost but these days give me simple TV shows anyday! 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

I'm sure when the full crossover event wasn't on my season 5 Arrow DVD I went investigating and found this....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invasion-Crossover-DVD-Grant-Gustin/dp/B073V9DGPM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&...

I'm sure we'll also get a stand alone X-Crisis Earth DVD in due course (or whatever the crossover was called this season).