Another £1pm hike to Entertainment Pass

ENTERTAINMENT PASS

As predicted SKY have e mailed announcing yet another price hike coming

shortly.

They're really becoming uncompetitive in my view 😖

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone pay full price for Entertainment pass?  Last time I had it about 6 weeks ago, I was only paying £1.80/month.  Cancelled cos retention offer of £5.19/month was too much.

Doubtless there will be a tempting email offer before too long.

Pbreadysky
Scholar

Agree it's too costly - basically, I only have it now for Sky Atlantic. Might think of cancelling tbh...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A company not impacted financially from covid19 , probably profited from it with zero empathy for others financial positions, the streaming market is effectively a corporate monopoly ,mthey obviously collude on content and series makeup.
I am switching my entertainment budget to other interests which provide better value music,books, board games and outdoor activities. I can do so much more with £1,200 a year and not be frustrated by their schedule messes or wasting my time with advertising on a paid service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed, it was seemingly inevitable given the recent additions to the channel line-up.

£9.99 + £3 for 1080p in these financially dire times has made one reflect on what subscriptions one needs to cut.

In addition, our Roku's have had terrible trouble streaming with the boost pass. All of our Roku devices overheat and freeze up even with cooling modifications.

In response, NOW TV customer services insisted that our internet connection was too slow and are yet to acknowledge any problem their side even though we have a stable 118-125Mbps connection.

With that level of customer service for £12.99 p/m (plus an additional £11.99 for movies) if the discounted passes continue dry up then it is time to finally ditch the platform.

A shame really, as there is no real other competitive offering of a IPTV style subscription service in the UK since TVPlayer changed hands.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

£9.99 + £3 for 1080p in these financially dire times has made one reflect on what subscriptions one needs to cut.

With that level of customer service for £12.99 p/m (plus an additional £11.99 for movies) if the discounted passes continue dry up then it is time to finally ditch the platform.

£25/month for that is very expensive compared to Netflix, where you can get comparable for £9/month.  If it wasn’t for the vouchers with sticks, the email offers and the retention offers I wouldn’t have Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am seriously cancelling this time Now TV is considerably poor value for money compared to other services,charging extras for 1080p streaming in 2020 is a joke considering it's standard with other services and free with BBC iPlayer and All4,Amazon actually include some 4k content included with their Prime package and there's a few programmes on BBC iPlayer currently streaming free with the licence fee.

In these hard and uncertain times Sky/NowTv really need to get a grip on reality,I think many of us who subscribe to more than one service won't think twice about dropping NowTV first.