cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesj015
Mentor

Alternatives to now TV

Does anyone know if there are any Alternatives to NowTV that have the sky entertainment on as im sick of the ###### poor service from Now TV customer service and also its absolutely infuriating how they take payements seperately on different days each month via recurring card payments instead of Direct Debit?

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jamesj015 

It purely depends what content you are looking for. 
You could always stick to Amazon prime itself and just pay for the box sets your interested in.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
jamesj015
Mentor
That is currently one of the options on the table but there are a lot of
stuff thats exclusive to Sky 😞 but the company is trash and dont care
about their customers just £££
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jamesj015 

When your complaining about separate payments is this down to having more than one TV membership and if so did you take them out on different days? 

If you rather have the one “date” for all your TV memberships to come out on I would suggest either cancelling and let them run out so you can then set them up on the same day. Or head onto live chat and speak with NOW staff directly to get all your payments on the same date.

Bare in mind it’ll still be multiple payments because each membership is separated and can’t be taken as a single payment. 

Live chat by clicking “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

Virgin media (except Sky Atlantic) or Sky satellite

Amiga1200
Scholar 2

BT TV pretty much use NowTV as their entertainment packages now. It uses a YouView box  and the the NowTV stuff appears as channels in the TV Guide. 

BT really, really,really, really want people to switch over to their NowTV packages rather than their classic entertainment deals. I've had multiple emails, texts and mailshots. BT either get some nice kick backs or they aren't making money on the old 4K Max package anymore.

RoyB
Legend

@jamesj015 

Now use CPAs rather than Direct Debits because the admin is much easier, and their powers and discretion are much greater. But if you make sure your card provider does chargeback, you are not much less protected, if things go wrong, than with DDs.

As regards payment dates, see this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-view-my-payment-history

FAQ item 5:-

We’ll normally take your first membership payment on the day you sign up, or at the end of your free trial, and then on the same day in each month that follows.

However if you sign up for more than one membership at the same time, we might sometimes choose to take your next payments for each membership on different days. This helps the banks to process your payments correctly. 

Don’t worry – when we spread out your monthly payments in this way, we always make sure that your payment date comes after the day of the month of your first payment. So you’ll get more days for the price of your monthly membership, not fewer.

You can organise your memberships so they all synchronise to one date, for which you have to Cancel them all (except maybe those that already use the date you want to sync to) and let them lapse, and pick them up again on the sync date; cumbersome, and maybe you will miss something you wanted to watch, but doable.

However, as above, this won’t synchronise your payments, as Now will not take two payments on the same day, though they will run them over consecutive days from the sync date you choose. Again, this has to do with the efficient operation of CPAs by Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.