cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

I keep getting Adverts right in the middle of shows, it’s so frustrating. I am currently on a trial but will not be continuing with now tv if I’m getting ads in the middle of shows. It’s a paid service! Really shocked and disappointed 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sometimes get promos before programmes but never during them. Are you sure you're not watching the live channels and not the Catch-up material? You'll always get adverts on the live channels as that is how they are broadcast on any platform.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Can also confirm that I have never had any adverts/trailers between catch up content. 

At the most its 30 seconds to a minute of adverts/trailers I get before the show/film I am watching on catch up.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only channel I've saw doing promos at the half way mark of Catch-up programming is Universal on the BT TV platform where they pop up without warning (eg. the channel logo doesn't appear, just straight to the promo). The first time it happened it took me a second or two to figure out why the volume had suddenly shot up and the characters were different 🤣

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Back when I used to have Sky TV they plugged adverts in the middle of the programs and this was when I was watching it on catch up. Fair enough yeah I could fast forward them, but it almost defeated the purpose of catch up when I could have recorded it live. 

That was 1 of many reasons why I moved over to Now TV. 

I can deal with a short trailer/advert at the start of content, which isn't all the time with catch up on Now TV. However if they went the same route as Sky itself like on Sky Go I will surely cancel my sub. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help