cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add a device but restrict packages

Hello. I want to add my daughters tablet to my devices but only want her to have access to kids and not entertainment, is there any way of doing this please?

many thanks. 

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now tv app will have all the packages so you can’t just download the kids. 

You can put a parental control on all the other ones by setting the age limited to the lowest and a pin. That way she won’t be able to watch any of the entertainment shows. 

Hi @Anonymous User 

I agree with @Anonymous User , this would be the way to do it.

Once a parental pin has been set up, kids are only able to access the kids live channels or sky Cinema, Disney (if you have a cinema pass) . They won't be able to access any of the other channels without first entering the parental pin

I would also recommend that you set up a payment pin on the account to prevent unwanted purchases.

I wouldn't recommend that anybody sets up multiple accounts for any reason. It's always better to keep things nice and simpleSmiley Happy

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can put a parental control on all the other ones by setting the age limited to the lowest and a pin. That way she won’t be able to watch any of the entertainment shows. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Once a parental pin has been set up, kids are only able to access the kids live channels or sky Cinema, Disney (if you have a cinema pass) . They won't be able to access any of the other channels without first entering the parental pin

I would also recommend that you set up a payment pin on the account to prevent unwanted purchases.

I wouldn't recommend that anybody sets up multiple accounts for any reason. It's always better to keep things nice and simpleSmiley Happy

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
starman73
Elite

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is it nice and simple to mess around with settings and permissions and having to enter PINs constantly? Doesn't sound it to me.

Having different accounts is simpler and allows multiple streams so if you have 2 children, them watching does not stop adults watching sports or movies or entertainment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. But I assume by what you saying having multiple accounts means you also need to pay more than once rather than having multiple devices accessing the same account?

thanks

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. But I assume by what you saying having multiple accounts means you also need to pay more than once rather than having multiple devices accessing the same account?

thanks

Pay on each account. You can use same credit card just have to use different email addresses.

Put kids on one account with 2 simulateous streams and 6 devices.

Put entertainment/movies/sports on another account with 2 simulateous streams and 6 devices.

Note if you are sharing a device between accounts you have to sign out and sign in which is why I have a Roku for entertainment and movies and the now TV stick with 30 minute buffer for sports. But if you just want kids passes for their own devices like tablets, it is not an issue.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous Userwrites the same thing as @starman73 

RoyB
Legend

I’d be worried if he didn’t 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello. I want to add my daughters tablet to my devices but only want her to have access to kids and not entertainment, is there any way of doing this please?

many thanks. 

Gary

Get two separate accounts.  I do that with sports and entertainment.