cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_suff
Expert

ABC Studios

Just noticed that ABC Studios has gone from the channels list, it was there yesterday anyone know what's happened, has it gone permanently, was there an anouncement about this I misssed??.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mark_suff 

The ABC Studio contract apparently has come to an end from what i have heard and also read on the NowTV Twitter feed & over on the Sky Forum's.

Where ABC Studio and Sky will not be renewing their contract agreement for ABC Studio Boxsets.

I didn't realise that ABC Studio was owned by Disney, so maybe this was a factor why it wasn't renewed, with Disney looking at their own standalone streaming service (pure speculation on my part).

There was no official announcement from what i could find, but it would be nice if somebody from the NowTV Team would like to officially comment here to inform their customers what's happening?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mark_suff 

The ABC Studio contract apparently has come to an end from what i have heard and also read on the NowTV Twitter feed & over on the Sky Forum's.

Where ABC Studio and Sky will not be renewing their contract agreement for ABC Studio Boxsets.

I didn't realise that ABC Studio was owned by Disney, so maybe this was a factor why it wasn't renewed, with Disney looking at their own standalone streaming service (pure speculation on my part).

There was no official announcement from what i could find, but it would be nice if somebody from the NowTV Team would like to officially comment here to inform their customers what's happening?

mark_suff
Expert

@schnapps  Thanks for that, I thought it might be something like that, haven't been keeping up with what Now TV are doing lately. Shame they're not renewing the contract they had some really good shows on there. Wonder if they'll replace them with something else, my guess is probably not.

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

What @schnapps  said is 100% correct. 

We have recently invested in new box set content from BBC Studios and NBCUniversal.  So the future is bright 😀

mark_suff
Expert

@Graham-S  @schnapps   Will have to have a look around for the new content then, always plenty of good stuff available, despite what some will say 🙄

ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff  @Graham-S  @schnapps 

Guys

I think we all know that Disney is circling the wagons and pulling back all owned content for it's own "soon to be launched" streaming service.  

Now, I can't speak for anyone else but, I've found that a lot of my Now TV viewing is FOX content and, whether I like it or not, I'm gonna have a major problem if my favourite shows start to disappear.

However, it is possible, and probably more economical, for Disney to take over Sky/Now TV's infrastructure rather than build one from scratch in the UK.  If that's the future then they are also likely to take on board the customer base as well.

Mind you, this is all speculation and I'm sure Disney has a long term plan that will give them more "Bang for their Bucks".

UK Bob

As Disney seems to be on a world entertainment conquering binge then maybe it should be renamed Thanos.

Thanos.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recent article I read stated the Mouse will launch there streaming service in USA this year but it could be as much as 4 years before it is a World wide service.November 2019 in USA starting price $7

ukbobboy
Legend

I've also recently read that Disney now fully owns Hulu.

The worlds the limit.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do now see programmes like The Good Doctor 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My understanding is that Sky have signed up the rights for new seasons and very well might get previous seasons, the channel should be Sky Witness. 

The only difference is that it wont have the ABC Studios banner against it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help