cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

6 month discount offer

I just signed up to a special offer that stated I would get 6 months of entertainment for £6.99. I read the small print and it clearly stated that the price was increasing from £8.99 to £9.99 come September and at the end of the promotional period I would be charged the full amount of £9.99. I took the offer and they debited £6.99 from my card but my next payment due amount is £7.99 and not £6.99 as stated on the promotion. 

Soooo if your thinking of taking the offer, be aware that you won't get 6 months for £6.99 as stated but 1 month at £6.99 and the remaining five will be £7.99 and then increase to the normal price of £9.99 (way to expensive IMO).

5 REPLIES 5
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

I have attached a screenshot of the offer I signed up to below.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

This is what they actually signed me up to:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  I’ve posted this reply in my thread too, but here’s an update.

i have been on Live Chat (which I didn’t realise was now active), and was told that from September 1st the Entertainment Pass price is being increased by £1, hence the £1 increase on my billing.  However, I was told that since I signed up for the £5.50 offer before the price increase, I will only be charged £5.50, even though my payments page says £6.50.

I hope this is true, but will definitely be checking on my next payment date.

Here is the actual copy/paste of the part of my chat transcript explains this:

Jason, I have just confirmed with our back end team and as you have applied the offer before the price increase so you will be charged £5.50 only even if it is next billing amount is reflecting £6.50 on your account.

So hopefully, you will be charged £6.99 instead of the £7.99 on your billing page.

Cheers.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

I think they are spinning you a yarn!

I have cancelled my pass since my last post and so I definitely won't be charged the £7.99 lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just checked and my voucher offer and billing payment has now changed from £6.50 to £5.50.  So all good now!