cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not happy with system

Only had now TV since Monday hate it, we only watch normal TV and sports. So to get euro sports we have to log into TV player and for sky sport now TV. It's too complicated for hubby and he hates it. Yes it's cheaper than BT which we had but although we have broadband fibre optic the HD channels are clearly not HD. So disappointed in this system. Really wish we hadn't changed. Anyone else feel like this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Jakki

Understandably, you asked a further two questions, which were:

1) Does it do sport?

2) What will you do?

OK, Plex cannot stream live sports, it can only work on recorded media, i.e. films, music and photos.

As for me, I currently have a workaround, i.e. in the short term I plan to stream/cast my music from my Plex server to my TV sound system by using my android tablet and chromecast device. This, as you can imagine, causes me a bit more trouble and  inconvenience because I now have to use two devices instead of one.

Longer term, around about sale time, I plan to ditch my NowTV box, which is actually a cut down cloned Roku, and buy myself a fully featured Roku box, this will restore all the features and facilities Sky's update has robbed me of.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Duffs

There are lots of unhappy people/NowTV users who feel let down/kicked in the teeth/pushed out the door by Sky/NowTV's current untenable action and their PR/BS excuse for taking that action.

Check out the main cause of customers anger at the following URL and it's growing thread:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Developer-mode-no-longer-working/td-p/420421

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers Bob only had it a few days so off to read up on it. But I've never ever had such awful pictures plus our Amazon prime has stopped working too grrr
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers Bob only had it a few days so off to read up on it. But I've never ever had such awful pictures plus our Amazon prime has stopped working too grrr

Just had a look and haven't a clue about developer mode etc so don't know what system we have x
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Duffs

You asked, "....haven't a clue about developer mode....", well here's a quick explanation  of what "Developer mode" is and how it is used by the majority of NowTV box owners.

1) Developer mode was a hidden area, on the NowTV box, which was left open for developers to test their new apps before public release.

2) However, most people who found out about this hidden area started to install an app called Plex, which enabled users to stream their own media (films, music and pictures) via the NowTV box to their TVs.

3) This hidden area became so well known that some users only bought the NowTV box to install and use Plex on it.

So a lot of people, like myself, felt that we were kicked in the teeth when Sky decided to close this hidden area down without warning, and so at the moment are very angry.

For me, Sky's actions have deprived me of my music collection I have built up over the past two and a half years, deleted my Plex installation and robbed me of 50% of my entertainment.

To get back the entertainment value I used to have I will now have to buy a Roku box, costing currently between £60 - £80.

No wonder I'm mad.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now understand and I'd be angry to. Have spoken to ee this morning and am
looking to leave it keep the broadband as its faster than BT. Then not a
clue what to do. It's the interface hubby hates pale green unclear times.
Now TV is Bix sets etc we don't watch so no loss to us.

What's the thing your talking about is it streaming stuff does it do
sport?.

So they're not going to open your option then for you, so what will you do?

Cheers jakki
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'm a bit confused. And I don't think @ukbobboy's comments about 'developer modes' (for a different type of device) are making matters any easier for you!

If you're intension is to access the 'live' transmissions of all the Sky Sports and Eurosport 'live' channels more easily, then your limited to a few service providers. And it does not appear that EE is one of them.

Sufficed to say, a NOW TV box would only give you access to the 'live' Sky Sports channels!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Jakki

Understandably, you asked a further two questions, which were:

1) Does it do sport?

2) What will you do?

OK, Plex cannot stream live sports, it can only work on recorded media, i.e. films, music and photos.

As for me, I currently have a workaround, i.e. in the short term I plan to stream/cast my music from my Plex server to my TV sound system by using my android tablet and chromecast device. This, as you can imagine, causes me a bit more trouble and  inconvenience because I now have to use two devices instead of one.

Longer term, around about sale time, I plan to ditch my NowTV box, which is actually a cut down cloned Roku, and buy myself a fully featured Roku box, this will restore all the features and facilities Sky's update has robbed me of.

UK Bob