cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolute joke

We had an email back from NOWTV saying our issue had been resolved, my guess is next they'll be asking 'how did we do'.

We had an Openreach engineer round and they can't find any fault and we're getting 20mb so why the NowTV box just buffers all day long and you can't watch anything properly doesn't appear to be their fault.

Anyway we're sick of this non-service and the overall experience of NowTV which is a joke, right?

It doesn't even have a helpline number. Try ringing Sky and they'll tell you it's nothing to do with them. Same as EE, bunch of cowboys, worse than 3 and that's saying something.

Anyway tomorrow I will cancel the direct debit and the box can go out with the rubbish.

And if they write to say oh you oh this balance they can jog on because we're more likely to sue them for a claim of compensation.

Or shame NowTV on Watchdog like BT, they're on every week, another fraudulant shower.

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anyway tomorrow I will cancel the direct debit and the box can go out with the rubbish.

If you're referring to your EE box then please note that neither Sky or NOW TV are responsible for the quality/reliability of the EE playback device!

Please also note that if you don't want to continue accessing/viewing any of your the NOW TV services you've subscribed to, if your subscriptions are directly with NOW TV you will need to officially cancel them (via your NOW TV account) or they will automatically 'roll-over' and you will be charged.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

[quote]If you're referring to your EE box then please note that neither Sky or NOW TV are responsible for the quality/reliability of the EE playback device![/quote]

WTF can't you read?

I'm talking about the NowTV box.

And how ###### Now TV is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

[quote]Please also note that if you don't want to continue accessing/viewing any of your the NOW TV services you've subscribed to, if your subscriptions are directly with NOW TV you will need to officially cancel them (via your NOW TV account) or they will automatically 'roll-over' and you will be charged.[/quote]

No I won't, because the bank won't pay it. Suck on that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pass cancelled. Goodby NowTV. We'd like to say it had been great. But it was terrible guys! lol

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

WTF can't you read?

I'm talking about the NowTV box.

And how ###### Now TV is.

Oh dear me... But you did submit your topic within the EE Box device sub-section Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it is save to assume he thought you where talking about the EE TV box since the topic is in the EE TV section of the forum

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can get buffering even with ok speeds. To me 20 is slow now, however prior to my current provider my average speed was about 3.5 and the box worked fine. What can cause it is the WiFi channels getting busy. It is best to follow your internet provider's instructions on checking and changing channel. Your router is supposed to select the least busy. Sometimes a reboot of the router can help. If you can if the position of your router allows try an Ethernet cable and see if the box still buffers. Other options depending on your router is to try 5ghz it tends to be less clogged than 2ghz. You mentioned EE in your post are they your internet provider?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv should be ashamed of their service. Twice now I’ve purchased a sky day pass and only been able to watch about 10 minutes in between turning off & on rebooting over and over again! And if I see those stupid spinning balls or “oops there’s a problem with the player” again I’ll scream! 

Yet funnily if I flick to Netflix or any other streaming service everything plays fine, strange?? It must be my superfast broadband right? No it’s not Now Tv it’s your unfit service.

And don’t bother emailing your complaint because you’ll wait 5 days and then receive a “your complaints been closed” email, than a “how did we do?”. I’ll tell you exactly how you did.....you were f$!#ng S#€t