cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalu

why isnt a Sky Arts Documentary on live TV last night on catch up on Now Tv today?

I'm new to Now TV - does anyone know why a documentary that is listed as being on Sky Arts channel last night, is not available on catch up on Now TV today? 
I have the Entertainment package that encompasses Sky Arts so I can watch but selection is limited and this one is not to be found.  
Must be a licensing thing? Annoying - I wanted to watch it!  

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lalu 

What’s the name of the documentary that you were trying to find?

Some content that Sky acquires is only for Live TV and oddly not inclusive of on demand content. Have a nosy at this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-not-find-show-i-am-looking-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@lalu 

When you say not available, how have you checked?

Some programmes seem not to show up in a search, such as one about Thomas Hardy on Sky Arts, for instance, and I had to scroll through the complete list of available Sky Arts programmes to find it 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lalu

Was it "The Music of Buddy Holly" you was after?

If so, I can't find it doing a search or going into the dedicated on Demand Sky Arts section.

So this TV programme may only have the live broadcasting rights on NOW or for some technical reason there is a delay on uploading to the NOW on Demand server (please @ContentTeam can you check).

I would say Sky Arts has the biggest on Demand library on NOW where there is a lot of content folders (in A-Z listings that I wished NOW would follow on all of their on Demand Entertainment channels).

If you are interested in Sky Arts type of content did you go into the dedicated Sky Arts on Demand channel where there is quite a lot of content to view.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @lalu @schnapps @RoyB @gavs82008 

can you please confirm which programme you were after?

thanks

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ContentTeam 

The TV programme that I am after is "The Music of Buddy Holly and The Crickets" which was on Sky Arts live broadcast on Saturday the 11th of February 2023.

I think it's an old Sky Arts documentary narrated by Paul Gambaccini back in around 2017.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @lalu @RoyB @gavs82008 

unfortunately we don't have any future availability dates fort this at the moment

Thank  you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you