cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no freeview with new NowTV?

The new now TV box doesn't have free view ? IV saw some comments online saying to buy a internal aerial so I did so. But there is still no free view ? Can anyone help with this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The only nowtv product that supports Freeview via a TV aerial is the older discontinued nowtv Freeview smart box generation 1 shown in the picture below.

Is this the nowtv box that you own ?

Smart_Box_main.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The only nowtv product that supports Freeview via a TV aerial is the older discontinued nowtv Freeview smart box generation 1 shown in the picture below.

Is this the nowtv box that you own ?

Smart_Box_main.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. But no I have the new smart box the black and pink one. Will have to try and hunt for the older one. Thank you again 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've received this new now TV box stick but I can't get free view even though I have an aerial into the TV .any suggestions 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless you have the older generation smart box shown in my previously posted picture, then you won't get Freeview via any other nowtv box or stick and just use the normal Freeview from your TV inbuilt tuner.

If you have the box shown in the photo, there will be an aerial socket on the back of the box to connect to your TV aerial for watching the over the air Freeview channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. My opinion is that the older version is better than the latest
stick. Thanks again for getting back to me
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i connect to get my channels i.e. itv1 2 3 and normal bbc channels please

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you read the very informative posts by @schnapps Earlier in this thread, you’ll find out how to do it if you have the first generation smart box. You can’t with any other box or stick, although the various players (iplayer, itv hub, etc) are available.