cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peodemeo

heroes

i just made my sub to now to watch heroes and now and now the entire serie is gone, not even the catalogue, i watch more than 15 episodes so was there days ago

19 REPLIES 19
Martin_14
Expert

Now have also confirmed Bel Air season 2 won't be on Peacock next month 

https://twitter.com/NOWHelpTeam/status/1620000621733593088?t=EyMm5zx3rygRx5L0lMtSkw&s=19

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 
Well to contradict NOW staff completely Sky viewer relations replied to me saying that Bel-Air season 2 will be coming to Peacock. Just no confirmed date. 

Seriously you couldn’t make it up 🤣

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Martin_14
Expert

I don’t find Sky Viewing relations particularly helpful, it's often stock responses

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 

Seems like the tweet from NOW staff was incorrect according to Sky in this article.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/sky-clarifies-future-of-peacock

Alk2
Scholar

No, I had a look, but Peacock is not it's own service in the UK. The website for peacock still says to get Peacock in the UK via Sky and Now.

I looked at the cost of getting any of the series that I missed via Amazon. But once again, Amazon was more expensive than getting used DVDs off ebay. I am starting to build a collection of DVDs of various shows that expired whilst I was watching them on Now! DVDs are making a comeback for me - no one can remove the content from me and I can truly watch it when I like (many years from now if I wish, and I am doing just that with some of my DVD sets - finishing them off!).

blackdog
Advocate

Yes that's a good shout. I'm thinking to get stuff from Amazon Video just because of convenience, and a whole season of something costs basically the same as a month of subscription and overall less than what costs me to watch a boxset as long as Heroes (3-4-X months of sub).

From that point of view, it would still be cheaper. And would be my first option because I have the power of chosing what I want, when I want, not having the problem of storage* or getting rid of the DVDs after, and not creating delivery traffic.

But yeah, otherwise it is definitely the cheapest way to get something at least quite old. Surely one would find this stuff in open markets/carboot sales... I just don't go to those places.

I used to have a collection of DVDs before moving and I stopped buying pretty much because of the storage problem.

If NOW hadn't offered me a discounted rate to not cancel, and then increased at a discounted rate instead of jumping to full price, I would have definitely cancelled like 6 months ago until next House of the Dragon/Billions comes out

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@blackdog 

Next season of Billions will be on Paramount+ only. Not Sky Atlantic.

All new seasons of Showtime content are exclusive to Paramount+. When the content expires on Sky, it will not return as far as I understand.

Martin_14
Expert

Monk has now been removed , so has Superstore , there in process of removing  Psych, 1st season has been removed so far 1

RoyB
Legend

A right Peacockup all round 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Martin_14
Expert