cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peodemeo

heroes

i just made my sub to now to watch heroes and now and now the entire serie is gone, not even the catalogue, i watch more than 15 episodes so was there days ago

19 REPLIES 19
redchiz1
Champion 2

Great series! They do drop on and off from time to time, @ContentTeam can you advise here please:

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@peodemeo 
according to this it’s not meant to expire until November. 
http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/boxsets.php

Definitely some weird stuff going on with Peacock on NOW!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Martin_14
Expert

It's been removed from Sky Q aswell , I wouldn't take any notice of expiry dates.

House Is one ot the others in process of being removed from Sky and Now , most of episodes have gone from both.

Martin_14
Expert

While it might return under the Sky brand, Peacock appears to be in process of being discontinued.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 

Don’t think it’s being discontinued. It is clear they are trying to reorganise it completely. 
Looks like it’s got zero films on it now and only TV shows.

My guess is that it might be used for Peacock shows itself. Or actually use it for NBC shows that currently isn’t on Sky channels.

Alk2
Scholar

Yes, I was also in the middle of watching Heroes and it disappeared for me too. I have just spoken to an advisor and they said that the Peacock contract was renegotiated on the 1st January 2023 and consequently some Peacock-branded content will be removed from NOW. Unfortunately, Heroes was included and got removed.

FYI, this is the full list of content that I got from the advisor of content going/gone:

• Here is the link on Peacock content being removed from our platform:- HOUSE HEROES MONK PSYCH BATES MOTEL DOWNTON ABBEY COLUMBO BATTLESTAR GALACTICA JOE VS CAROLE GIRLS5EVA SUPERSTORE FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ('06) KILLER AFFAIR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2003) DUNCANVILLE MACGRUBER SAVED BY THE BELL ('20) RUTHERFORD FALLS FIVE BEDROOMS THE GIRL IN THE WOODS PUNKY BREWSTER ('21)
blackdog
Advocate

So... what's happening with Peacock? Is that content accessible elsewhere, is Peacock it's own thing in the UK...?

I was very far into Heroes, renewed despite the increase of monthly as I was near the end, and come back from the holiday to realise it was gone >_<

I kinda feel that it might just be more convenient to rent/get boxsets via amazon at this point.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@blackdog 

Personally I’m not even sure that Comcast know what they are doing with Peacock in the Sky territories. Since launch its been a bit of a joke with the majority of content being duplicated from other Sky channels or Hayu. 

Maybe the “renewal” of the contract is to change the channel to Peacock originals. Which won’t be very much. 
That being said there is so much content that it should pick up with is not available anywhere like you mentioned with Heroes, there is also the Law & Order and Law & Order SUV shows, plus all previous seasons of Chicago. Those 3 shows Sky has shown zero indication of putting them up in the last 2 years. 

It begs the real question what is the purpose of Peacock here? 
So much potential and until we know for sure, our assumption as customers is that it might just fade into the abyss.

Martin_14
Expert

I think 5USA have repeat rights to Law and Order* and Law and Order SVU unlike newer Law and Order Organized Crime where Sky have Pay and Free To Air rights

Sky have also updated the poster to season 22...

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/ec854e6d-5696-473c-8676-365763e66bdf/law-and-order-ec854e6d-5...

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/6e4e8d10-6862-40bf-bea5-eca07c43c554/law-and-order-organized-...