Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

finding out when a show expires

Hi,

I hope someone can help please.

It's not at all plain to see when a show will expire / be taken down / cease streaming.

We have newly resubscribed to NOW TV - I have logged in online and added a lot of entertainment shows to my 'watchlist', but nowhere there can I see an indication of when the show will end - i.e. how long do we have to watch it before its n o longer available. 

We watch through the NOW TV app on a ROKU. 

I read that a show will display a warning when it's to be taken down once only 30 days are left, however, I saw in an online review that for the show Succession: streaming ends 7th December - but its not indicated as about to expire or with any expiry date in my Wishlist online or on the NOW TV app on my ROKU. 

Is there an easy place to see shows listed with expiry dates? 

Plainly this would be best found in 'my watchlist' but I guess that’s not going to happen as its not been programmed that way.

please help guys?

Just started watching Billions [its great] and I see there are 55 episodes! It'll take a while to get through those even in Covid semi lockdown .

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Where did you see online that Succession is leaving on the 7th of December ?

Was it a online review from 2019 ?

Just checked this TV show on the NowTV App on my Tablet and i can't see any leaving date.

Normally when a TV show or Movie is leaving soon it usually is highlighted in orange (entertainment) and purple (movie) with a date and within the last 30 days it changes to days remaining, then hours remaining in the last 24 hours before leaving NowTV.

Here's one example in the screen shot below.

I am not sure all devices show the leaving date, but my Android mobile devices, NowTV branded and Roku devices does show a leaving date.

Sometimes NowTV mess up the date on their system, where there is no leaving date for example and then suddenly the TV show is removed from their service due to a technical admin error on their part.

Screenshot_2020-12-06-10-23-25.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just had a quick look at Billions and Season 2 is leaving on the 18th of February 2021 and can't see a return date ( yet).

Where Season 5 is leaving in 5 days time based on the orange countdown leaving date indicator, but if you see the screen shot below the second Season 5 folder says available on Saturday which usually indicates Season 5 will continue on the NowTV service.

To be honest the NowTV leaving system indicator is not the best and can get confusing especially when a show season leaves and is immediately added again on their service like Season 5 on the screen shot below.

Screenshot_2020-12-06-10-41-31.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again

Yeah its is confusing,

My interface [ROKU or Mac browser] doesn't look as informative as your screenshots sadly. So I guess that’s the Android screen.

Wouldn't it be nice if the online listings [on the NOW website] showed ending dates ;~}

I think the Succession notice I saw was maybe an older review, as it seems to be ending in June according to the online official listing I found

[anyhoo, dreading a jan 7 close,  we've watched Successsion on binge mode, I'm so pleased we didn't miss it. Great TV IMO.] And S 3 is coming (about 12 months away the pundits predict).

I found this useful unofficial online NOW TV box set / date list eventually, as it states, though, it's unofficial so can be wrong and dates can change at a moments notice

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/

or google "artsea now tv listing"

Billions? 

you're looking at season 5 right? It does seems like S2 ends 18 Feb. We better get watching.

thanks lots schnapps

(the eau de vie, indeed)

neil

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know if there is a hard fast rule, but from my experience using NowTV, when a TV season or movie is in the last two or three months before leaving a notification date is given in orange (entertainment) and purple (movies) when you go into the dedicated content folder.

Should you have a show or movie in your Continue Watching folder for example on the NowTV new look home screen it should countdown from 30 days to hours left remaining.

Unfortunately i don't believe there is a countdown timer under the Watchlist section (maybe send NowTV an email request ?).

Yeah the Android NowTV App does give a snippet of useful information if a TV season is automatically added straight after it's due to leave (not sure if it's the same with IOS mobile devices using the NowTV App because i don't own an iPhone or iPad).

Sometimes the NowTV boxes / NowTV Stick can also show when a season is going to be immediately added again with the same season available to watch from day X.

I just checked Billions Season 5 on my NowTV Freeview Smart box and there is no second season 5 folder saying available from Saturday like the Android NowTV mobile App.

Yeah artesea website is a useful tool for checking out NowTV Shows and Movies (to be honest i haven't checked the website in quite a while).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for helping. 
It’s making more sense now

stay safe. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI

thanks

very helpful.

I wish there was more notice, it seems like if shows are going to expire, it's just a 30 day warning we are given (when it works). 

It would be SO nice if a tag could appear to highlight shows we've placed in the "my shows" r area to tell us to get on with it ;~}

neil